Anyone using Chitchats express? I am confused in regards to their process

yazidz
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to use Chitchats express to ship my parcels to the States, my understanding is I can connect / use my stamps dot com account and print the labels using it. How does it work in case the buyer wants to return the item? the address ( shipped from) on the shipping label is USA correct so the buyer will refuse paying shipping back to Canada.

The item location should be USA or Canada when I list it? This process got me confused.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone using Chitchats express? I am confused in regards to their process

@yazidz wrote:

I would like to use Chitchats express to ship my parcels to the States, my understanding is I can connect / use my stamps dot com account and print the labels using it. How does it work in case the buyer wants to return the item? the address ( shipped from) on the shipping label is USA correct so the buyer will refuse paying shipping back to Canada.

The item location should be USA or Canada when I list it? This process got me confused.

Your item location for listing on eBay is Canada.

Your shipping address for purchasing USA postage would be in the USA (provided by Chitchatsexpress)

I believe Chitchatsexpress has an address you can use for returns. You can ask them via email or phone (contact details on the website).

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@yazidz wrote:

Your item location for listing on eBay is Canada.

Your shipping address for purchasing USA postage would be in the USA (provided by Chitchatsexpress)

I believe Chitchatsexpress has an address you can use for returns. You can ask them via email or phone (contact details on the website).

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you - Do you know if Canada post business solutions has better discounts than Ebay paypal via Canada post? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Not for someone shipping the number of things most eBay sellers do.

The Small Business Solutions card gives you 5% off some services at the counter.

Paypal Shipping gives you 5% to 18% off some services when you print the label at home.

You can then drop the shipment into the nearest postbox. No need to go to the PO unless you really want to.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@yazidz wrote:

Thank you - Do you know if Canada post business solutions has better discounts than Ebay paypal via Canada post? 

The average ebay seller won't get anywhere negotiating with Canada Post on volume. The only wiggle room you might have is if you were shipping a large number of US bound parcels as Canada Post negotiates more flexibly on those.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Check and see if Chit Chat's can give you a better Stamps.com price than you can get.  They get the lowest price possible because of volume.

If you use Chit Chat's US address your customers can send their returns there and for CA$5.00 Chit Chat's will bring it back to the Canadian office for you.

One advantage of using Chit Chats is having tracking included for all packages (to the US, other countries may be different).

In January I thought I wasn't going to be able to get to Chit Chats before my shipping deadline for a package sold on the A-river.  it's a bubble mailer with a 2.5 oz item in it.  Using Chit Chats the total cost was a few cents under CA$3.50 - my local Canada Post outlet said the package would cost CA$17 with tracking.  (Sorry, can't remember the price without tracking, but well above $3.50)  Any discount you could get would have to be pretty hefty to equal that difference in price.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, one more thing ... For me, packages sent via Chit Chats arrive at their US destinations 3 to 5 days after I drop them off. When I used to sell using Canada Post a couple of years ago they took much longer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@faircrochet wrote:
.... it's a bubble mailer with a 2.5 oz item in it.  Using Chit Chats the total cost was a few cents under CA$3.50 - my local Canada Post outlet said the package would cost CA$17 with tracking.  (Sorry, can't remember the price without tracking, but well above $3.50)

2.5 oz = 71g

up to 2cm thick: $2.95 lettermail (0-100g) / $6.84 light packet (0-200g)

over 2cm thick: $8.61 small packet (0-250g)

-..-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply