Are There Any Benefits for Being a Top Rated Seller?

I read that you get free promotion credits? Is this true? Anything else?

I find it difficult to know how I achieved top rated status, what the benefits are, and it seems easy to lose it with one or two bad transactions....

Does anyone even really care?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

As far as I can tell, the 10% discount on FVF is about it.

If you use "free" shipping, you also get a reduction on your shipping FVF because your shipping costs are included in your asking price.

And you get another stinkin' badge, which buyers generally ignore.

We Canadians can qualify for a Global TRS much more easily than our US colleagues, because we don't have to track everything.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

As I recall, top rated sellers earn a small credit that can be used to reduce promoted listing fees, $30 quarterly sticks in my mind but I'm not too sure of that figure. As far as I know this credit is still available.

This would be a good question to ask Tyler.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

As I recall, top rated sellers earn a small credit that can be used to reduce promoted listing fees, $30 quarterly sticks in my mind but I'm not too sure of that figure. As far as I know this credit is still available.

Am I eligible for Promoted Listings quarterly credit? How do I redeem it?

Each quarter, Enterprise and Anchor Store subscribers receive a $25 credit and Top Rated Sellers receive a $30 credit. Top Rated Sellers who are also Enterprise or Anchor Store subscribers receive a combined quarterly credit of $55.

To be eligible for the credits, you must:

• Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
  • Have a valid eBay registration address in the US.
  • Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
  • Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.

After that, eBay will issue your quarterly credit up to the amount used on your next monthly invoice and note any remaining Promoted Listings credit balance. Credits will appear in the "Miscellaneous Credits" section of your invoice.

Note: Promotions and credits are subject to change.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/promoted-listings.html

tyler@ebay  Not sure if the credit applies to Canadians (or if the help file needs fixing).

"Have a valid eBay registration address in the US."

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

10% Final Value Fee...and the badge...and mentioned on each of your listing
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The real benefits of TRS come down to how much a seller is willing to give and take &/or tolerate to maintain that status and whether or not those benefits are worth it...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

eBay's definition .....

Top Rated – You're one of the best sellers on eBay, providing an exceptional quality of customer service, as well as meeting minimum sales requirements for Top Rated Seller level.

and then.... You will have the Top Rated Seller seal on their listings.... on eBay Canada
------------------------------------
The requirement for that TRS seal on your listings on eBay.com are a bit different.... But you can also be a TRS on eBay.com, but without a TRS seal on your listings
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Canadians get a Global Top Rated Seller badge, but it doesn't show on dotCOM, where most of our business is done, only on the non-US sites.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I had TRS status for many many years...until about 3 years ago when sales plummeted and I was unable to attain the adequate  # of transactions and sales value...

About same time eBay reduced the discount in FVF from 20% to 10%.

No more TRS and no more having to jump through all those hoops... for that 10% discount that doesn't even cover the additional fees, taxes,etc that have been tacked on since that time...

I still offer the same "best as it can be" customer service to all my buyers and I don't need to  have a "seal" of approval from eBay to prove it. My feedback speaks for itself.

I now enjoy the status of being a "casual" seller. I list when it suits me and life goes on,

No worries and no criteria that requires me to have x number of transactions, x number of $ in sales or x number of this or that...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps!

Top Rated status does provide a $30 promoted listing credit per quarter (there's a 'regional requirements' asterisk in my resources I'm looking into for more info). It would show up as a miscellaneous invoice credit with a note stating the calendar month it was used. 

It also lets you qualify your items for a 10% Final Value Fee credit, and provides a 'Top Rated' seal on your items if you meet all the requirements.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply