Are We No Longer Receiving PayPal Payment Notifications?

Hi everyone .... long time slight_smile

I haven't been receiving payment notifications for about a week now.  I know this has happened on occasion in the past and then we would receive them all at once.  But it's never taken a week to get them.

I checked my preferences and notifications are still indicated.

Did I miss an announcement?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I'm getting them AOK.

Take a quick look in your spam folder.

I discovered sometimes my MIA notifications were rarely/intermittently being diverted to my spam folder on the actual email account (I use microsoft outlook which pulls my emails down from the various email accounts, unfortunately if the actual account marks stuff as spam and diverts it into the accounts spam folder, it doesn't get brought down to outlook).

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I'm getting them AOK.

Take a quick look in your spam folder.

I discovered sometimes my MIA notifications were rarely/intermittently being diverted to my spam folder on the actual email account (I use microsoft outlook which pulls my emails down from the various email accounts, unfortunately if the actual account marks stuff as spam and diverts it into the accounts spam folder, it doesn't get brought down to outlook).

I looked in the spam folder of both my e-mail accounts associated with my two selling accounts and they're not there.  Oh well, I don't have so many sales that my Inbox will be inundated once they come through lol

Like you, I use Microsoft Outlook and it never occurred to me that spam caught on the online e-mail account would not be downloaded into Microsoft Outlook, but it does make sense.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

It is weird you aren't getting any, I've not had any delays even in the last week and have fortunately had a good # of sales....
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Mine have been showing up fine on both Outlook/Hotmail and on GMail.

But I use Paypal to learn if I have been paid in any case.

The three notifications (eBay sale, PP payment, PP email) don't seem to be very coordinated.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received mine quickly each time and I got 2 today, it seems fine for me.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Mine are also coming in without hesitation. 

Strange. 

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Mine are also coming in without hesitation. 

Strange. 

It is strange.  If it keeps up, I'll have to contact PayPal. 

This may seem like a small issue but, even though I can get payment information and the shipping address from my PayPal account, the one thing that doesn't show there is the name of the buyer .... only the name in the shipping address.   The PayPal payment notification e-mail does show the name of the buyer and they're not always the same.

I like to address the buyer by their given name in my confirmation e-mail, and in the thank you note I put in with the parcel.  Quite often, a buyer by the name of, say, Ellen Smith, has purchased a mascara, but the shipping address shows Robert Smith.  Presumably the mascara is for Ellen and not Robert ha-ha, so I'm able then to say, Thanks Ellen, just as an added personal touch.  On my PayPal account, it will only show Robert Smith.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Actual communication with one's customers will no longer be tolerated. Please do not pass go or collect  $200.00. Go directly to jail!! unamused

-Cm

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Today there's a delay in the emails, no payment email yet, purchase was an hour ago, payment information is in paypal. No message in spam folder etc.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Same here, a purchase 45 mins ago, no Paypal notification.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I withdrew funds from PayPal (transfer to bank) two hours ago and I’m still waiting for email confirmation of that too.

The plot thickens.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I think JT caught the virus and it's spread to all the rest of us now!! wink

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Harbinger of doom! Hahahaha. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I think JT caught the virus and it's spread to all the rest of us now!! wink

Hey .... Heygrinning

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Actual communication with one's customers will no longer be tolerated. Please do not pass go or collect  $200.00. Go directly to jail!! unamused

-Cm

It's crazy, isn't it?  There are so many legitimate reasons why seller and buyer need or want to communicate with each other and it's getting harder and harder.  I don't understand that.  Many large corporations I purchase from  personalize their notes to the customer.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

In many cases, if you can have complete and simple communication PRIOR to a potential sale, it removes ANY chance of problems AFTER the sale has been completed and the item has arrived. Not everything can be clearly conveyed through numerous emails. Sadly the people in control of the show do not comprehend this.

-CM

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Fifteen hours later, I have now received my ‘We’re transferring money to your bank’ email message from PayPal.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Fifteen hours later, I have now received my ‘We’re transferring money to your bank’ email message from PayPal.

I got my first payment notification e-mail tonight for a purchase made a few minutes prior.   I didn't get the missing ones for the past week.

At least they're starting to come in again .... this particular glitch wasn't anything serious, just slightly inconvenient.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

True. And I received all my payment messages in real-time from PayPal this week too. Just the one bank transfer from this morning was late. It’s confusing.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply