As a fellow seller, it's ridiculous that other sellers never respond to your messages.

ca-perug
Community Member

There's only so much pictures can do for you. If an item doesn't have a a piece of information that I'm looking for, I ask the seller personally. The problem is that I never get an answer.

For example, I recently bought a SM-P605. I looked at the pictures, description, title. The picture and description weren't enough for me, the picture was blurry and too far away for me to tell. I wanted to know the condition of the front glass screen and asked the seller........

I never got a response. I ending up winning the auction in hopes that the tablet is how I want it to be. If I did not bid, it would be a long time before I can find another good deal on a Galaxy Note 2014. Thankfully it was, it was beautifully protected by bubble wrap and inside a box, everything was in perfect condition.

This situation raises a question. Why should anyone buy your item if you never respond to their messages beforehand? Yes, everything worked out fine for me, but what if it didn't? As a seller myself, I find that it's important to have your customers know what they're buying. It does not require much effort on your part, just answer truthfully. Whether it's a "Ok so here's what's going on..." or "Sorry I can not comply to your request, because so and so...."

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

As a fellow seller, it's ridiculous that other sellers never respond to your messages.

I always respond to messages but I realize that not all sellers do.  I probably wouldn't buy from them if they were not willing to answer a question. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would definitely not be willing to purchase from a seller who ignored my message to him or her. 

If someone cannot be nice (or at the very least polite) in order to make a sale, the chance is zero that they will be helpful if there is a problem with that sale.

That being said, not everyone 'get's how ebay is used. Or supposed to be used. It's possible that person didn't know how to answer a question. Or thought they did but didn't.... it's hard to say what might have happened. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Off topic but for your own protection as a seller. Your shipping options are not set up well and sometimes not correctly.

First, you offer too many shipping options. Buyers normally want to pay the least amount and will chose the lowest cost. Shipping is a sellers choice so choose the service you are most comfortable with and only offer that. For low cost items you can afford to lose or have false Item Not Recieved claims made, ship with lowest cost non tracked services. For others where value could be higher, ship with higher cost tracked service

Next you ship to many high risk countries. The postal systems in many third world countries are not reliable and buyers will not receive the item or the buyer may scam you with a false Item Not Recieved claim. Just sell to Canada and the USA since you appear to be a new seller just a few months into selling.

Next, some  of the shipping options do not exist to a country like International Parcel Air to the USA. Apparently you are using flat rate shipping which allows you to put any option you wish without checking if the service exists. You need to learn the Canada Post shipping options. Use calculated shipping and some checking will be done for you if the service exists.

Perhaps some other members will add to my discussion to help you avoid bad selling experiences on eBay.

I was looking at listing 262889699000 but do not have time to check others.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

never got a response. I ending up winning the auction in hopes

Which is one reason why some sellers don't bother to answer questions, or just use FAQs. 

Adding to poco's useful advice:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't buy any items from sellers who don't respond.  You can file a claim as item not as described.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I receive many questions on my items.  The people that ask questions have one thing in common. They never, ever ever bid or buy.

You would think that when someone asks will your part fit my 19xx model car, and you reply that it will absolutely fit, that they might buy.  But nope.  They never return to complete the sale.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

There is that oddity among many buyers who ask questions, I grant you that. It's almost as if it's tire-kicking for the sake of making conversation. But does that mean those people would purchase from you if you never bothered to reply? Likely not. Although, that may make for an interesting experiment.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply