Asked to take an eBay survey

For the second time I have been asked to take a survey for my recent visit to eBay. I think it was about 2 months since I last contacted eBay, I don't even remember what it was about. Impossible to do the survey in these circumstances.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've gotten these when I've gone to shipping calculator (sometimes wondering how expensive a bigger item will be to ship). They consider their "Help" sections customer service too, even though you look something up for yourself. I tend to do the quick survey as it was handy for me to do so I let them know.

If you haven't looked anything up or contacted them for months that doesn't seem right. I usually get those survey requests within 24 hours of using the site help.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

...It may be that eBay survey scam, did the message come through eBay or your Email?

I never respond to any "survey" why would I want to give details about myself or my "habits"...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You mention the word "visit", they also send out surveys regarding your ebay "surfing" ie visit habits, that might be what they are wishing to survey about.....as opposed to a support call....

I know that I've gotten them sometimes after I've surfed around new categories in ebay.....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I've gotten these when I've gone to shipping calculator (sometimes wondering how expensive a bigger item will be to ship). They consider their "Help" sections customer service too, even though you look something up for yourself. I tend to do the quick survey as it was handy for me to do so I let them know.

If you haven't looked anything up or contacted them for months that doesn't seem right. I usually get those survey requests within 24 hours of using the site help.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Came on an email Brett, but is in my eBay messages. Merry Christmas.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When I clicked on the first question it was about a problem I had asked about, impossible to reply to that.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

And to you and your family also a very Merry Christmas...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It is odd that you received it so long after the fact...

...a glitch in the eBay matrix.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The last time I got one of these surveys about my "customer service / Help Pages experience I had the usual question......

WHICH EXPERIENCE???? I've been on the help pages 5 times in the past 48 hours for 5 different reasons, some I found my answer and some I didn't but how to I rate the service accurately?

Simple answer....give a 5 rating and don't fill in any of the text boxes leaving my survey results essentially meaningless.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you Brett, that was lovely!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply