Auto renew auction ends up in ended listings and relisting like it should

So...first time posting...we've been sellers for a pretty long time and have seen some weird kinks in the system over the years but this one has me dumbfounded and I can't seem to find an answer.

SO..here's the deal...we have a Premium store and so with that you are allowed 1000fixed price and 500 auction as you all know, So when I list an auction I have them auto relist if it doesn't sell....problem is that when it does relist it seems to make a copy of the listing and put it in the ended listings section...this started a couple months ago and I didn't really care as we didn't auction alot at the time...now we are starting to use the auction a little more but this is beyond annoying to have a duplicate listing in the ended section.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance for any help

Steven & Jenn 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @unique-attic-treasures - welcome!

An auto-relist option for auctions isn't going to work like Good Til Cancelled renewals. Because we're automating the relist process it means you will have the original auction in unsold/ended, and we will relist it as another auction. It gets a new item number, etc. 

You can delete the unsold listings to get them out of your hair, but it is something that's going to keep happening if you utilize that feature. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@unique-attic-treasures wrote:
Thank you for the response and answer....that kinda sucks but what are ya gonna do lol...everything can't be perfect I guess...
Thanks again
Steven &Jenn

In your ended listings it should show that it has already been relisted.

Understand that auto-relist is the same as a manual relist except that it's automated. GTC listings on the other hand "renew", they never end unless you sell or manually end.

In my opinion the way it currently works IS "perfect".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @unique-attic-treasures - welcome!

An auto-relist option for auctions isn't going to work like Good Til Cancelled renewals. Because we're automating the relist process it means you will have the original auction in unsold/ended, and we will relist it as another auction. It gets a new item number, etc. 

You can delete the unsold listings to get them out of your hair, but it is something that's going to keep happening if you utilize that feature. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the response and answer....that kinda sucks but what are ya gonna do lol...everything can't be perfect I guess...
Thanks again
Steven &Jenn
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@unique-attic-treasures wrote:
Thanks again
Steven &Jenn

In your ended listings it should show that it has already been relisted.

Understand that auto-relist is the same as a manual relist except that it's automated. GTC listings on the other hand "renew", they never end unless you sell or manually end.

In my opinion the way it currently works IS "perfect".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply