Automatic best offers being sent...

Happy New Year everyone - wishing you a prosperous and drama free year!

And I have started my new year off with something I didn't notice before - and I'm wondering if this is a glitch or a feature 🙂

I have best offer enabled on all of my listings and when someone watches a listing I always send an offer. I noticed in the past few weeks that sometimes when the site would show that I had a listing available to send an offer when I would go to do it, I would then get an error message saying that the item wasn't eligible to send an offer on. Weird but whatever. 

Today I just happened to notice that an item I had listed had an offer sent out on it - I didn't send the offer - but it seems that when send an offer out on something once it signs you up for automatic best offers on that item based on whatever the offer that you had sent out on it. Not a fan.

To get out of it you can go into the item and uncheck the box to send automatic offers but there doesn't seem to be a bulk way to do this or a way to turn it off for everything - and to not have it do it anymore. It could just be that I don't know where to look for that so if anyone knows I would appreciate the insight!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I noticed it some time ago, but I don't have a problem with that feature. If I already sent an offer to a buyer, why not to send the same offer to others?  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

well if it was a Saturday night and some drinking had been going on I might be more generous then I normally would be... 🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

That was something that happened to me about a year or so ago when listing with the ap.  It was a glitch that went away but had to be watched for to deselect with each listing.  Not sure if your situation is a glitch or "feature".

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@daisydaisy999 wrote:

well if it was a Saturday night and some drinking had been going on I might be more generous then I normally would be... 🙂

Good to know 😀

When is your next party? I will send you an offer at midnight  😅

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The glitch I had was offers going out on listing with no offer option enabled, at 50% of the list price. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

The glitch I had was offers going out on listing with no offer option enabled, at 50% of the list price. 

Sounds scary ...... 🙄

Strange things happen recently - for example the number of items in my store is much lower (about 600 items are missing) than in my Seller Hub. I reported it to Ebay, they told me this is a very serious issue, and it will be fixed immediately. Well, I am waiting 4th day ..... nothing changed. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'll put you on the invite list! 😉

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

insert "Twilight Zone Theme" /insert

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

UPDATE: I don't know how to fix the ones that are already signed up for automatic offers in bulk but I do know how it happened and to keep it from happening in the future! When an item is eligible for an offer and you go into the little popup to do it there are 2 checkboxes at the bottom that I never noticed before - one is to allow a counteroffer and the other is to allow the system to send automatic offers on the item for future watchers. They are both already checked so if you don't want either thing you have to uncheck them.

Automatically opting people into things is not something I am a fan of - I assume this must be a newer thing because I am only finding the automatic offers engaged on some of my items, not all of the ones I have ever sent an offer on... so mystery solved and I can go back to drinking on Saturday nights! 🙂

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@daisydaisy999 wrote:

UPDATE: I don't know how to fix the ones that are already signed up for automatic offers in bulk but I do know how it happened and to keep it from happening in the future! When an item is eligible for an offer and you go into the little popup to do it there are 2 checkboxes at the bottom that I never noticed before - one is to allow a counteroffer and the other is to allow the system to send automatic offers on the item for future watchers. They are both already checked so if you don't want either thing you have to uncheck them.

Automatically opting people into things is not something I am a fan of - I assume this must be a newer thing because I am only finding the automatic offers engaged on some of my items, not all of the ones I have ever sent an offer on... so mystery solved and I can go back to drinking on Saturday nights! 🙂

End the listing and sell similar. That *should* clear any of the offer settings for that listing.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply