BUY IT NOW SUCKS and is a waste of time

miklamot
Community Member

I thought when a buyer hits the BIN button, they pay for the item NOW. I had a buyer last night who hit the BIN button and I still haven't received payment. I am really getting disgusted with eBay and there lousy customer service and horrid treatment of sellers. I have had 3 buyers not pay in the last couple weeks. There were 2 auctions with winning bidders and none paid. I had to open cases on these  and I can't even give negative FB yet they can give me neg fb. Im starting to think eBay is a joke and a big waste of time and money. Come on FB get your together and make some changes to protect the sellers and not the buyers.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

73rhc
Community Member
For BIN, you can check the box, when creating your listing, for immediate payment.

Unfortunately, no such animal for auction listings.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:
For BIN, you can check the box, when creating your listing, for immediate payment.

Unfortunately, no such animal for auction listings.

Still works for Auctions with BIN if the buyer uses BIN instead of bidding.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I had a buyer last night who hit the BIN button and I still haven't received payment.

You have to set Immediate Payment Required as well as the Buy It Now option.

In addition, in your Seller Preference set a Block against bidders who do not have an active Paypal account, which will process the Immediate Payment.

While there set your Preferences to Block bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes.

here were 2 auctions with winning bidders and none paid. I had to open cases on these 

When you win an Unpaid Item Dispute, and you can open them 96 hours after the purchase offer, you get your FVF back.

The deadbeat gets a Strike which makes it harder to bid on eBay and with 'enough' Strikes will lose his buying privileges entirely.

The deadbeat cannot leave feedback for you.

Feedback is complaining to your friends. Disputes are complaining to the cops.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"Still works for Auctions with BIN if the buyer uses BIN instead of bidding"

Doesn't really change what I said.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you will look at Buyer Central there is topics with - Unable to pay for an item .

I had couple of sales last week, not a single payment received....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@miklamot wrote:

I had a buyer last night who hit the BIN button and I still haven't received payment. 

Umm, I think you're being just a little too impatient.  Give your buyer at least a couple of days before you get too excited. You have a sale, and chances are you'll get paid.  Time zones and people's personal schedules sometimes mean there's a gap between committing to buy and paying.  And as the poster above mentioned, sometimes site issues cause a problem with immediate payment. 

After 4 days, you can file an Unpaid Item Dispute and get your FVFs back if the buyer doesn't pay.  Just remember that if the buyer does pay after an UID is filed, he will be able to leave FB/DSRs on this transaction, so handle any communications calmly and politely in the meantime. 

Also, I find some people buy a number of things on eBay during one time period and then lose track of what they have and haven't paid for.  Sometimes it takes them two or three days to catch up.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. I have been polite with these people. I did have my settings for paypal and immediate payment, yet still nothing. I will wait until the 4 days are up and open another case if the buyer doesn't pay.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The cell phone you sold a few days ago was an auction listing (starting bid US$100) with a Buy-it-Now of US$130.

The buyer used the Buy-it-Now option at US$130.

The listing did NOT specify or require immediate payment.  If it had, the buyer could not have purchased it without paying.

Give the buyer at least four business days to pay.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply