Canada Post - Thermal label printer

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to print thermal labels using the Paypal shipping tool? What size is needed? How would it work as usually I get a 1/2 page print out using the Canada post to send xpresspost or light packet or even international. They are not the size of Say a fed ex or USPS label.  I usually have to cut off the bottom part, get tape, use about 5 pieces to ver the label - takes time.

On a side note, isn't it ridiculous that there is not an affordable tracking method for Canada Post to the USA/ Canada and especially for International orders for oversize letter post size mail. For example an item that could cost $2.95 (letter post to the USA) send with tracking to the USA (tracked packet USA) is about $15. That needs to change.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@custom_shop_designed wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to print thermal labels using the Paypal shipping tool? What size is needed? How would it work as usually I get a 1/2 page print out using the Canada post to send xpresspost or light packet or even international. They are not the size of Say a fed ex or USPS label.  I usually have to cut off the bottom part, get tape, use about 5 pieces to ver the label - takes time.

On a side note, isn't it ridiculous that there is not an affordable tracking method for Canada Post to the USA/ Canada and especially for International orders for oversize letter post size mail. For example an item that could cost $2.95 (letter post to the USA) send with tracking to the USA (tracked packet USA) is about $15. That needs to change.

You can print anything you want at any size you want for your PayPal shipping labels. Instead of sending the label to your printer on the first go simply print it to file or PDF and then open/edit the invoice in the program of your choice (I use Photoshop). Voila!

As far as the Canada Post rates are concerned, as infuriating as they are, and as much as now and again I rant about them as well, they aren't going to do anything but get higher every year. Concentrate on saving money in other areas.

Cheers,

thD

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have no idea bout the thermal labels although I do think that on the Paypal site is says that you need an inkjet or laser printer.

Instead of using tape you should order free international labelopes (plastic window envelopes) from Canadapost.com.  You need to be a venture one member but it is free to join.  Then, you just slip the label in the labelope and attach it to the package. It's much faster than using tape.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

bazlu
Community Member

Canada post runby  the old guard and tehy live in the 50's. Even they use USPS tracking system . I do ebay business and can't sell outiside North america, because their shipping cost with tracking higher than the people of Mars. All major developed countries have normal everything, not only post office. This Canadian **bleep**s lost last year around billion due to their idiocy. I have to visit very often to USA to bring and post packages. I see more Canadian in the US post office than busy shopping mall post office like Metrotown. BTW, I lost a 600$ parcels, Canada post gave me 100$ compensation after 9 months.Also lost several packages costing me another 200$.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Did you buy extra insurance on that $600 parcel. Included insurance is only $100.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@bazlu wrote:

BTW, I lost a 600$ parcels, Canada post gave me 100$ compensation after 9 months.Also lost several packages costing me another 200$.

Although I am no huge fan of Canada Post, I have never had a problem getting a refund for a lost/stolen or damaged package provided I had all of my paperwork, photos etc in order and PROVIDED I had paid for the appropriate insurance. They re-imbursed me over $500 not so long ago as an item was damaged during shipment. It only took about 10 business days to get my money.

Canada Post has a lot of huge problems but getting reimbursed for their failures is not one of them according to my experience. You just have to make sure that you have met all of the requirements to cover/protect yourself.

Cheers,

thD

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have seen posts about Dymo 4XL, used for printing PayPal labels.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply