Best offer emails not being sent

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that offers were not being emailed to me. I need to login every day and check offers. I have noticed this on my personal account and business account. 

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

PSP

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yup, me too. Never got an email (not even in the eBay messages window), just had to randomly log in and see that an offer was waiting. I have not figured out if it's still happening or not (don't sell much or get many offers). Pretty pathetic that that information isn't being shared with the seller. Just another typical eBay platform fail in my experience.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

And delayed as well, just received one and the offer would expire in a couple hours. Wasn't it usually around 24 to 48 hours?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Me too! For weeks now. I do get the notifications through the mobile app, but I would prefer to be receiving the emails as usual as well.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:
And delayed as well, just received one and the offer would expire in a couple hours. Wasn't it usually around 24 to 48 hours?

The default limit is 48 hours, but buyers can select shorter times when making an offer (12 hours, 1 day, or 2 days).  https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/buy-now/making-best-offer?id=4019

-..-

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Where? I'll have to go out of my way to look next time an offer is made because this option has never been noticed. I've been trying to figure out why this happens on incoming offers for ages! Hopefully eBay has a message stating 12 hour and 24 hour messages may not fair as well as 48 hour offers. The vast majority of our 12 hour offers occur at strange hours and near expired or expired by the time we've been alerted.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

well... I have missed an offer...again...not good

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected 

I have never seen the option either for a seller to specify the time frame. From my understanding this is only available to dot com sellers. It was left out of the process to dot ca sellers. Like the tab that says review offers, which doesn't really let you review anything....Like a dollar amount or the time sent. As a btw, the time limit would be shorter if the item is about to roll over with GTC.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Well, it happened again, luckily I caught this one with 4 hours to spare! I wonder how many offers I've missed over the months... I wonder why I pay seller's fees.... 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

And again today. Unbelievable.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It has been like that for weeks, it's another way for eBay to force Sellers to continually be on the app or site to keep up with any offers arriving...

...false traffic stats for them to use as "marketing" later.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I hate it too and want them back but honestly the app has helped me keep up with offers a lot more than I used to because the notifications are independent of me checking my email or eBay on the computer, which I don't like having to monitor constantly. If you do miss an offer and you can still find it in your seller hub or on the listing, just send the buyer a message from their eBay profile, and they'll usually be willing to re-submit it.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply