Best time of the month to open a store?

Thank-you to the members who reached out on my last post!

So, I'm going to open a store.

Should I wait until the beginning of June?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As soon as your 250 free listings as a non-store are used up, switch over to a store. The free insertion counter is reset when you start the store, so you get the 250 as a bonus.

On the other hand, if most of your listings have already been charged the listing fee for the month, then wait until next month, since you won't be able to use enough "free" store listings to justify the monthly fee.

-;-

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you are convinced a store would work to your benefit now, then it shouldn't matter when you open it. If you do so mid-month, they will pro-rate the store charges.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When you have more items ready to list than you have Free Listings without a Store.

Remember that Stores do not have Free Listings, you are paying a subscription that gives you a reduced rate on your listings. The more listings you have the less each one cost you.

The only Free Listings are promotional, either to encourage occasional sellers who do not need a Store, or to encourage listing more than the paid listings from a Store subscription.

"Free" ain't free.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@visual-sound wrote:

Thank-you to the members who reached out on my last post!

So, I'm going to open a store.

Should I wait until the beginning of June?

Another way to judge timing is as soon as you start seeing charges for new listings vs them being applied to your current status. They will be billed through individually when you go over your limit.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As soon as your 250 free listings as a non-store are used up, switch over to a store. The free insertion counter is reset when you start the store, so you get the 250 as a bonus.

On the other hand, if most of your listings have already been charged the listing fee for the month, then wait until next month, since you won't be able to use enough "free" store listings to justify the monthly fee.

-;-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Or you can continue to use the actually Free non-Store listings, but list on dotCOM as well as dotCA.

This will give you another 250 Free Listings.

• You will have to use Flat Rate Shipping.
  • You will have to list in US dollars.
  • You will have to ship to the USA (but you can block Canada by listing on dotCOM).
Message 6 of 6
latest reply