Beware!. Seller and buyer

lensells
Community Member

Beware of a scam, sending you fake email and fake ebay emails, fake paypal payment. It almost got me. I almost sent the item, good thing i went back to the post office the next day, called anti fraud and called ebay as well, and got my item.
Beware of this name and email, and the number as well. She even wants me to send the item to nigeria to her cousin etc., good thing i stop it, im thankful for canada post for helping me.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sometimes I feel sorry for honest Nigerians.  It must be very frustrating.

Kudos to Canada Post for helping you.

As you have learned, if it isn't on your Sold list in eBay and in your Received list on Paypal, it didn't happen.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The only way your situation could happen is if you gave up your email address to this buyer scammer before they had purchased and "paid".

The main point is that on eBay a Seller never needs to give your email address to anyone for any reason. After they buy AND pay they will have access to the info.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I get you. That is why it is a lesson learn for me. There might be a lot of new seller account there like me who is naive as well. The account i posted is a newly created account, they might create new account, this might be pointless, but what if they use this name, number and email again in a month or even in a year who knows. I hope at least i can help one person reading this.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

A lessons learned for me.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

but what if they use this name, number and email again in a month or even in a year who knows.

You can put the ID on your Blocked Bidder List. Names there stick around for years.

It also seems that IDs on a BBL may be set up so that any ID using the same internet address will also be Blocked. Which could mean one scammer could prevent an entire university dorm, or apartment building , or household from bidding. There is some question about this. We have sellers complaining that it doesn't work and buyers complaining about the scammer in the next room who killed eBay for the entire floor.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946wrote:

but what if they use this name, number and email again in a month or even in a year who knows.

You can put the ID on your Blocked Bidder List. Names there stick around for years.

It also seems that IDs on a BBL may be set up so that any ID using the same internet address will also be Blocked. Which could mean one scammer could prevent an entire university dorm, or apartment building , or household from bidding. There is some question about this. We have sellers complaining that it doesn't work and buyers complaining about the scammer in the next room who killed eBay for the entire floor.

It is not set up to block anyone else other than someone using the exact id that has been blocked.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!​​​​​​​
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply