Blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries

Why do i get this message when want to see items?

was not there before 

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It has happened to me several times.

For example, if I try listing some German postage stamps showing the face of Hitler, eBay will not allow me to list with worldwide shipping.  I need to remove Germany (and sometimes France) from the list of countries I will ship to. Yet, some stamps showing Hitler's image are allowed!

The problem for sellers is that it is almost impossible to find out exactly which items are prohibited where unless you check each eBay site and can read their language. Much is also subject to interpretation.

If you run across a similar problem, limit your shipping to Canada and USA for those items and that should eliminate the problem. .

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Didn't you have that problem a few years back Pierre ?

Seem to recall something similiar, though could be wrong.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Prohibited and restricted items over view for eBay...Link to

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/items-ov.html

Beware of items as they relate to Cuba... Some Cuban items can be sold in the US, while others cannot be sold in the US....based on US government regulations.

No restrictions for Canada...with respect to anything from Cuba

Then there are country restrictions  as identified by Canada Post... Link to

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGcustoms-e.asp

----------------------------------------

A most interesting situation

A box that originally contained Cuban Cigars, was overprinted to read Coban Cigars, an obvious overprint, missed on first inspection...

It is always important to know what is not acceptable....

--------------------------------------

another situation..

France has a restriction on receipt of toys made in China.... always state country of origin

---------------------------------------

Also be aware of country specific restrictions

--------------------------------------

Sometimes things may not be too obvious  such a publisher with a Canadian address, that had a book printed in China....Hong Kong or elsewhere....not in Canada

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Those "Hitler" stamps....were a problem....

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 of my listings were removed with "China" wordings and all of them are magazines!!  It didn't knew "China" is prohitied??  It is a country, for goodness sake!!  eBay wants to remove the country of China???  I think eBay is way over in regarding of those insane policies!!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Correct  only Happen in China  --- Ebay don't want us to see china listing

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

5 of my listings were removed with "China" wordings and all of them are magazines!!  It didn't knew "China" is prohitied??  It is a country, for goodness sake!!  eBay wants to remove the country of China???  I think eBay is way over in regarding of those insane policies!!

Did ebay actually say that they were removed because of the word China?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

jesdeme
Community Member

I have that problem too, but the items I bought was an 3 different ear cuff and those are all from China, they gave me tracks number but I can't see if they are send or not... They wont let me see the page of the web, but on the cell phone application they let me saw it... They show me the same message as yours.. Please help me

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

all from China, they gave me tracks number but I can't see if they are send

This is not a problem.

Cheap items are often/usually not sent with tracking.

In any case, tracking has NO benefit for the buyer.

If the item does not arrive within 30 days (mark the date on your calendar), open an Item Not Received dispute and get a full refund.

Tracking only benefits the seller, who uses the Confirmation of Delivery provided with tracking to prove that the complaining buyer did get the item.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@jesdeme wrote:

I have that problem too, but the items I bought was an 3 different ear cuff and those are all from China, they gave me tracks number but I can't see if they are send or not... They wont let me see the page of the web, but on the cell phone application they let me saw it... They show me the same message as yours.. Please help me

If you have a tracking number then go check the tracking on the shipping company website.

You do not need to see the eBay listing to do this.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I order a smartphone case which I just received and clicking to see the item I got the message "Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

Know I understand restriction like the ones in Germany etc but how this may be explained for a smartphone case????

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This thread is out-of-date: created in 2013, life breathed back into it in 2015 and now 2018. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@anastasiorantzakli_0 wrote:

I order a smartphone case which I just received and clicking to see the item I got the message "Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

Know I understand restriction like the ones in Germany etc but how this may be explained for a smartphone case????

Most simply, it may be a licensing issue. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I realized I’m reading a zombie thread when I reached pierre’s Post lol
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@happy_pigeon

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2013

The problem with zombie threads is that the posts may include information that is out of date or inaccurate.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Back to the grave with this one!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply