Bought & Paid 11/5. Shows 17/5

I bought and paid via cc for an item on 11/5. PayPal shows transaction occurring on 11/5. When I move my mouse over the paid item on my purchase history it shows I paid on 17/5 which is the same date the seller shipped. As I am confirmed on PayPal and via cc should it not show the date I paid????

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bought & Paid 11/5. Shows 17/5

Have you checked your credit card online?  What dates (transaction/posting) are shown?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It shows May 11th as well.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sorry. That should have said May  11 / May 13th.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My best guess is that the seller updated his "my eBay" or "Selling Manager" status to show "paid and shipped" on May 17.

Now, it is possible he shipped earlier (May 13) and simply forgot to change the status of the transaction.

I suggest you contact the seller and ask.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am not worried yet as it is only 10 days since he shipped it or 17 days from my payment date. I will be able to tell by the postmark.

Thanks Pierre.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I sometimes have the same "problem". I think it's just a bug from eBay that happens from time to time.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I thought I would send an INR e-mail and he advised he is shipping tomorrow!
I can feel a neutral coming up.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I agree that between May 11 and May 30, that is a LONG "handling" time. What does the listing says about handling in the shipping tab?

I may be wrong, but I think this is a case where the seller had his money on hold by PayPal for some reason and he didn't ship the item immediately, even if he has to.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The listing shows will ship within 3 days on auctions (which this was) and next day on BIN. Interestingly, it shows 63 cents shipping but the invoice shows FREE on all 4 items.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply