Broken again

Ebay needs to drop everything and fix all the issues on the site so we sellers and buyers can function.

THE CONSTANT BUGS AND GLITCHES ARE GETTING BEYOND RIDICULOUS

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Broken again

This was moved from Site Issues to Seller Central. 

Does that mean this site issue affects only sellers and not buyers?

Has anyone sold anything this afternoon since about 1:30 pm EST. I have not.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

I can't even reply to messages from buyers right now which reflects rather poorly on me as a result of no fault of mine. 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

nope haven't all day
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

What is going on eBay.ca ? Thought this would be fixed by now. Trying to do some work since morning and now its the afternoon and I can't even log in............finally signed on but can only go here..................Man Frustrated

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

I guess the brilliant mods don't think bugs and glitches are site problems. They are more concerned about bad words than catastrophic problems on Ebay

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Having issues for the past 5 minutes. Can't get into eBay.com forums. Can't leave feedback for a purchase I made on another eBay id. times out. Other little things. I can go to some eBay.ca pages okay like my active listings and view them. But some things just not working. It was like this last night too.

I did all the usually things and cleared cache and computer last night and gave up.

Right now I am giving up and shutting down to let the gremlins do their thing while I go outside with the dog. It is a nice sunny day here in the Vancouver region. My dog will put a smile on my face unlike eBay which is a ... $%#@!!

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Here is some info from the Ebay down again. Having issues posting now as well

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Ebay is a severely wounded animal that should be put out of it's misery for compassionate reasons

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

eBay.com has been a mess all afternoon and evening. I just got into these forums right now (8:39 pm PST) after not being able to do so all day. What a mess.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

@dutchman48 wrote:

Ebay is a severely wounded animal that should be put out of it's misery for compassionate reasons

I don't think there would be many ebayers that are compassionate right now, lol.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

I see only 3 new messages in these forums since I last posted in this topic hours ago. Wow, has the forums been down all this time?

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Could be : but this is my TV night .

Murdoch Mysteries,Rick Mercer, 22 Minutes, Young Drunk Punk, Raised by Wolves and Marvels Agents of SHIELD. And my BIL the distiller has come up with a wonderful Aquavit.

So this evening has not been wasted.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Been trying to post a reply like a lot of other folks it seems, but yep, it's not working - so that's why the forums seem so quiet!

Been trying to relist some sold items since about noon today today with no luck, keep getting either "System error, try again after some time" message at top of page or "Problem loading page - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading". Currently using Firefox, but switching browsers didn't change anything, and Ebay's the only site I'm having any trouble with. ISP is Techsavvy.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

I too tried to post a new message and couldn't do it.  On ebay.ca it shows I have 993 items for sale but when I click under my name it only shows 980,  I have no idea where those 13 items are.  They are lost in the eblight zone. 

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Yesterday from about 1:30 pm CST onward was a trainswreck for me. It took me four hours to fulfill one single-item order. Sales record unavailable. Selling Manager unavailable. Can't mark shipped, upload tracking, can't reply to buyer message etc. If not for paypal shipping to which I went directly, the order would have sat unshipped and I would have blown my same-day handling time, risking a defect. As it stands, this was an order for which the buyer was anxious to see shipped and I was unable to communicate with him or her that I had met my promise to have it moving with the same-day mail. I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky I had only one order to deal with or not. This is supposed to be my busiest time of year. I sell toys! 

There was no rhyme nor reason for it. You'd try 11 times to do something specific and it would miraculously work on the twelfth attempt but not again times 13 through 21. 

It was like trying to set up a house of cards in a gale. After a point, I gave up and left. 

I'd like to note that at this time last year, my sales were four to five times higher than they are now and it has been this way since the start of October. I'm not saying ebay site crashes are to blame for that entirely because there are other factors at possible play but if a buyer can't complete his or her purchase after one of two attempts, how many HOURS do you think they're going to try to do it before they shrug and leave for good?

On an related note, again, we make the local news. See below. 

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m11/i04/s03 

eBay Backend Unravels Making Site Unusable for Sellers

Users are reporting massive problems with eBay's website, particularly sellers. While not a hard outage, various features needed by sellers to complete tasks are unusable. EcommerceBytes noticed a rash of problems being reported on Monday, with matters only getting worse on Tuesday.

Late last week, a data center shared by eBay and PayPal suffered a power outage - it's not known if this week's problems are related in any way to that outage. eBay did not respond to an inquiry this afternoon....

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Markdown Manager has also gone glitchy again with markdowns that should have ended last night still active, and for me the resurrection of a deleted sale re-appearing with no active listings. I updated the Mardown Manager Meltdown thread that I began when it first went awry but this is starting to get silly.

How can we perform as sellers to the best of our abilities while using a vehicle that is not reliable? And why do I feel as if there is more going on behind-the-scenes with this than they are telling us? Surely this cannot all be due to the 'improvements' to the dashboards or whatever the heck it is that they're working on. 

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

Where are you getting the idea they are working on improvements?

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

That's what they always tell us is behind maintenance: 'improvements'. The new defect dashboard, for example.
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Broken again

@dutchman48 wrote:

Where are you getting the idea they are working on improvements?

eBay is implementing a new eBay Seller HUB which went into Beta test mode a couple of weeks ago on eBay.com. I subscribed to it way back when they announced it in the 2015 Fall Seller Update. It is an improvement from eBay's point of view. Time will tell. So code is being changed and implemented and breaking some things. Maybe Seller Hub implementation is not the cause of the major issues in the past few days but code is changing (and always was because eBay changes constantly).

The eBay Seller Hub is going to replace Selling Manger eventually. Some things they changes in the Seller Hub Beta changed things in the current Selling Manager and caused some issues. But for the most part the eBay Seller Hub Beta is working and not causing major issues.

The new eBay Seller Hub Beta is a new look compared to Selling Manager. Some new features like sales analysis I found interesting (now disabled as they work on this part). There is no customization option yet like Selling Manager to move things around on the Summary page or to hide things you do not want to see. I do find it takes more clicks to get to something compared to Selling Manager. I expected that because it probably will be implemented for mobile devices and touch screens.

I have been sending back comments on the new Seller Hub since they want feedback on it. Offering my suggestions on improvements and issues I see.

Now ebay considered the new Seller Hub an improvement but sellers will have to decide. Since it will be implemented eventually in some form, I am just hoping they do not make it too much changes that it is a PITA to use compared to Selling Manager. So far the new eBay Seller Hub is acceptable to me. Most likely I will bookmark different pages from the Seller Hub and have one-click access instead of multiple click access to different parts of the Seller Hub. I already do that for Selling Manager.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply