Bulk Edit Item Description HTML

I am trying to bulk edit some html in my product descriptions. Basically changing where some images are hosted, so need to edit some image sources.

I put in the exact html that needs to change in the "Find" field and put in the new html in the "Replace" field address and nothing changes.

Try to just erase the html by putting it in the "Find" field, and nothing in the "Replace" field and it doesn't erase.

Do I really need to change this 1 at a time? I need to do it in about 4,500 listings. =/

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bulk Edit Item Description HTML

@mediagarage wrote:

I am trying to bulk edit some html in my product descriptions. Basically changing where some images are hosted, so need to edit some image sources.

I put in the exact html that needs to change in the "Find" field and put in the new html in the "Replace" field address and nothing changes.

Try to just erase the html by putting it in the "Find" field, and nothing in the "Replace" field and it doesn't erase.

Do I really need to change this 1 at a time? I need to do it in about 4,500 listings. =/

You may want to get a hold of shipscript on dot com. They are an expert in the field. Link attached. See message 7

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Asking-for-help-with-HTML-links/m-p/31044598

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Bulk Edit Item Description HTML

I've found the find and replace to be very ... finicky, and that's without HTML. It seems to treat some blank space oddly. You might find some luck in doing it in several small sections (maybe start with inner matching tags and work your way out)? You can try a space instead of nothing in the replace field too.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply