Buy It Now

portaboo
Community Member

I have 2 items for sale and ONLY want the Buy It Now option. For some reason, I cannot turn off the bidding option. The sliding bubble is inactive. Any help greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buy It Now

I believe the only option is to end listing and re-list as GTC.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Buy It Now

Are you using the horrible Simplified Sell Your Item Form?

The easier Advanced/Business form is linked at the top right hand corner of the bad one.

You don't choose Auction.

You use the drop down menu to choose Fixed Price.

Now your listing will be active for 30 days or until someone buys.

To go into more detail, you can add Buy It Now to an Auction.

This allows a buyer who wants it immediately to bypass the Auction period and pay immediately.

However, the BIN disappears with the first bid, which will be lower than the BIN.

You can add Best Offer to Fixed Price.

This allows a customer to offer less for the item.

The seller can say yes, no, or counter offer.

Note that the Best Offer does NOT include the shipping price.

The Advanced form also allows the seller to set parameters for acceptable Best Offers, automatically and politely turning down ridiculously low Offers and automatically accepting those that are .. well, acceptable.

Many sellers confuse Buy It Now with Fixed Price.

Two other details.

Fixed Price can also opt for Immediate Payment Required. This is useful for sellers who have been plagued by non-paying deadbeats, although most of the deadbeats were messing about with Auctions.

Fixed Price will automatically renew after 30 days, so if you have 50 Free Listings and 75 items that you want to keep in rotation, you must keep a careful eye on items that are about to close, before they relist using up your Free Listing for another month. (If you only have 25 items to list this is not a problem but a labour saving device.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply