Buyer appears to be in the US wants me to ship to a CDN PO box

Hi, first time i've had this request

From what I was able to google, this could be a scam because if I ship to the non-paypal address I would lose if they claimed they had not received the item due to wrong / non PP address?

Thanks!!

Jim

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If he is buying through eBay then all he has to do is change his Ship to address when using the eBay checkout.

The Buyer changes the ship to address first so eBay can adjust the shipping and tax values based on the address. Then the Buyer selects their payment method and pays the adjusted invoice.

If he does not want to do that, then assume it is a scam attempt.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is the item and value of what they are interested in?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@citizen57 wrote:

Hi, first time i've had this request

There's no problem here.

The simple solution is that the buyer has to put his shipping address into PayPal when he pays. 

Does not matter where that address is - as long as it is entered in PayPal.    Tell him that if he wants to have "BUYER PROTECTION" the only address you can ship to  is the address he enters into PayPal.   No matter what - you ship ONLY to his PayPal mailing address.   This also gives you seller protection.

End of discussion.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If he is buying through eBay then all he has to do is change his Ship to address when using the eBay checkout.

The Buyer changes the ship to address first so eBay can adjust the shipping and tax values based on the address. Then the Buyer selects their payment method and pays the adjusted invoice.

If he does not want to do that, then assume it is a scam attempt.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ok thanks all.  I did ask the buyer to change their ship to address and they made a big fuss about it so yes ypdc_dennis, I'm going to assume this was a scam.

Thanks again all!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OTOH-- many Canadian buyers and sellers do have a US PO box for shipping, and more use services like chitchat or stallion, which carry shipments across the border to mail using the cheaper USPS.

But the fuss over changing the address would put him on my BBL whether it was a scam or not.

Some sales are not worth having.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The fact that this "buyer" is making such a freakin' big deal about leaving you positive feedback is getting red flags flying in my neck of the woods.  Has this user been leaving a LOT of positive feedback recently?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply