Buyer can’t see Request Total when adding items to cart. What to tell her?

USA buyer, buying my items listed on .Com.I know I can tell her to just pay for all items and I can then refund the difference through PayPal or I could make a special listing for her (don’t want to do that, can cause worse problems), any other suggestions?

Never had a problem with this before, it’s always worked, so eBay must have changed something. Yes, I do have okay to combine items checked in my preferences.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's a random thing that has been going on for many years, eBay blocks the Request Total button.

There are two options, have the buyer purchase with the default shipping and give them a partial refund. Or you can ask them for a list of items they want and create a special listing with all the items they want and the correct shipping.

It's possible to use the combined flat-rate shipping rules but I'm not the only one who could never get that to work to my satisfaction.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:
USA buyer, buying my items listed on .Com.I know I can tell her to just pay for all items and I can then refund the difference through PayPal or I could make a special listing for her any other suggestions?

Reminder: PayPal stopped refunding fees this month.

Combined offer, would be best workaround for now. Many States charge sales tax on shipping, which I don't think gets refunded for partial paypal refunds.

My method for a special listing is to have a high price with best offer turned on. I then tell the buyer what offer to submit for the purchase.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

this problem you have encountered is commonly uncommon...it happens infrequently for no known reason.  Dennis has an interesting workaround with the best offer option, Im going to try that next time it happens.  Ive just been offering partial refunds when it does happen.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply