Buyer cannot change US address to Canadian

My buyer has an address in the US but lives in Canada.  She has tried to change her shipping address to the Canadian one, but doesn't seem to be working.  She says when she goes to pay, it says that I don't ship to Canada.  I've checked the listing and it all seems fine to me as I ship to Canada, the USA and Europe all the time.  What's the problem, any ideas?   In trying to solve the issue, I have canceled the transaction 3 times now so that she can buy again and try to work it out.  I have suggested that I edit the label with her preferred address, but she wants to cancel again.  I think the problem is at her end in not being able to change the address.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer cannot change US address to Canadian

All she needs to do is change her ship to address on paypal, as that is where you need to ship to, to be covered by seller protection..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

All she needs to do is change her ship to address on paypal, as that is where you need to ship to, to be covered by seller protection..

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

I don't think that works, PayPal restricts you to addresses within your own country (I'm guessing the buyer has a US PayPal account).

You CAN change the address on eBay by adding the Canadian shipping address there, it will then be available as a choice in PayPal.

(or maybe I have that backwards?)

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

To change it she just has to click on ‘change’ under her current address and enter the Canadian one when she goes to check out.  But if she is getting a message that you don’t ship to Canada, she must already have set up a Canadian address so I’m not sure what is going 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think that's what was happening.  But, anyway, it all got worked out in the end and the transaction finally went through!  Thanks for all the help!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply