Buyer claiming item has not been received.

I stupidly allowed an item of mine to sell to a new account. He received feedback from one other seller and it was Good. I assumed he was a legit buyer and I wanted/needed the money (Didn't realize Ebay and Paypal would take 100 dollars altogether for fees but that's another story)

The buyer didn't want to pay a lot for shipping, so I printed off a label for a Small package with Canada Post. The lady who did it for me told me that on the receipt, was the tracking number.

It wasn't the tracking number, Small Packages do not get tracking numbers. It was too late at that point, the item was gone. I told the buyer that it would take 4-6 weeks to get to him(He lives in Israel and has a suspicious address, but the other seller messaged me back and said she didn't have a problem. 

Well, now, after three weeks of silence he emails me and opens a claim requesting a refund(He also can barely speak any english) saying the item was not received. The item was sold for 363 dollars in October on the 14th. I am thinking he is lying about not receiving the item, but my question is.. is there ANY way to figure out where this package is by using the receipt Canad aPost gave me? It's the weekend and I can't contact them until Monday morning. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer claiming item has not been received.

kenosh-61
Community Member

Hey sorry i didnt help you earlier  because i am new to eay but since you have the reciept you could prove that you shipped the item and at least you should apply the tracking number to see if it really was the tracking number. And one seller review isn't enought people on ebay could create a bunch of accounts on ebAy and reply to each other and leaving positive feedback link someone can have 10 Alts and each time they get a bad review they create a new account 

The other possibility is that it got lost in transit since you don't have a insurance on the package.Canada post wouldn't give you a refund but there is a 90% chance that the buyer is lying 

You should alweays consider what could go wrong when selling or buying on a new platform theyre are scammers and thieves on big platform like ebay

I hope this helped you have a great day

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Zombie thread

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 24 of 24
latest reply