Buyer has asked for a extention on paying.

Hi everyone.  Just a little more follow up on my buyer who held me to task for my shipping.   When I contacted them the day after they agreed to my offer it wasn't to bother them about paying but to make sure they had received my revised invoice since I am relatively new at this selling game and I wasn't sure if the invoice actually went through.   They then let me know they would pay later that day.  It has been over four days now with no payment.  Four days isn't that long and so I have just let it go even though I had "please pay in 24 hours" in my listing.  I do realize eBay rules allow the buyer more time to pay.  I have seen other sellers put a time limit in paying on their listing and decided to do this also.  This is the only transaction I have had where the buyer didn't pay right away which is fine but now another delay.   I just have received a message from the buyer asking if I would allow them to pay by the end of the week.  I decided to let them do this.  Things happen and bills need to be paid (including this one)  I certainly hope they do pay by then.  I really don't  want to take this transaction to eBay for non payment.  I guess we shall see.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ive given extenshions before and usually work out,some people pay in the blink of an eye some you have to open a case,then sometimes they pay and sometimes they dont.the majority are fast maybe 75 per cent,i have my account set at 4 days and ebay automaticaly opens and closes the case for me.,the non payers are maybe 1 per cent

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I appear to be amongst the most patient in the crowd but I let my buyers have the maximum 32 days before the automagic process kicks in to open the UID.

I have a few buyers that regularly take days/weeks to pay. Presumably because I am more flexible I'm able to hang onto them over other more impatient sellers. (if they want beyond and ask me to normally I'll turn off unpaid item assistant for them).

Statistically, probably 90% of sales are paid within moments, another 10% within a few days (usually international folks, I think it takes time for their money to show up in their paypal account when they move some over) and the final 1%* are the ones that take more than a few days.

Despite this flexibility, I only have one* UID a year. 

(I sell to stamp collectors).

This got me thinking so I took a historical look and:

January 2016 an UID

February 2015 an UID (so 0.000388% like 1 in 2500, for all intents and purposes it is really zero)

January 2014 an UID (so 0.00025% like one in 4000, for all intents and purposes it is really zero)

October 2013 an UID

(I lost interest searching for more at this point)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

" I just have received a message from the buyer asking if I would allow them to pay by the end of the week.  I decided to let them do this. "

That is the correct thing to do.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ricarmic-- Yes, but you are a stamp dealer and philatelists are a very honest bunch. It's a handshake business.

mpit is dealing with a PITA who has been jerking her around.

I'd go for the UID today.

But of course I have often mentioned that I am a nasty and cynical old woman.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply