Buying a USA-Canada Return Label from Shippo anyone?

Hello, 

Its been mentioned by some that this is in fact a possibility now? Curious if anyone has successfully done this and would care to share how? 

I've been researching online but info on this specific topic is scarce it seems. I've also called Shippo directly but goes straight to voicemail. I'll report back whenever they get back to me. Really enjoy ecommerce and selling on ebay but its those 1% that can really cause havoc! Just trying to mitigate that. 

I've experimented with no returns which is futile in my opinion. Buyers if they really want to will just open a SNAD and if that doesn't yield the desired result the really determined ones will open a chargeback with their payment provider. Hopefully ebay can address this problem one day.

Tried accepting returns provided the buyer covers the shipping. This works great if the buyers returns the item via USPS not so great if they send it via Fedex who will then proceed to charge brokerage fees even for returns.

That leaves Free 30 Returns. At least that affords some real seller protections ie. partial refund tool.  Willing to give it a try if its possible to control  the return shipping label via USPS and avoid fedex brokerage fees . Also to help anyone in the future who may be reading this one day. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't done a return label from Shippo myself but I just wanted to suggest sending them a message through "contact us" on the bottom of their page. They are pretty good at leaving a detailed step by step guide to doing things (they have for me in the past). They might take a few hours to respond but just in case you don't get an answer here, see what they message you back with. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have done one return shipping label and I used PirateShip. It seemed easy to do. They even accept Cdn. credit cards. I think I may have got instructions on a tube video. Buyer ended up not using the label though and was easy to ask for refund from them. Money was back in my credit account within 3 days.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shippo returned my call a day after leaving a voice mail, they're out of San Francisco.

Shippo does not currently support international return labels.

The rep explained to me however of a workaround where all you have to do is :

-manually create a new label

-create a new sender address with the buyer's info

-have yourself as the receipient

I tried it out and it works. I didn't actually purchase a USPS label but it was available for in Canadian dollars if I wanted to. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, that's how it works on PirateShip as well.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply