CPC ... "Processing Error - there May be a Delay" ?

We accepted a test sale for re-entry. It should be a straight forward CPC delivery; the package is being sent within province to a smaller but not remote town. Typically 2-4 days max. The destination was a house address and there was a Do Not Safe Drop request on the package. The information on the package is identical to that provided by the seller as a destination address.

The tracking indicates it took four days to arrive at the destination town then it unusually went out for delivery twice on the same day with a two hour scan differential. Then one hour later it shows up as, "Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay" and it has stayed like that for ten days. Ten days isn't extraordinary but I'd like to know the status in case there are steps that can be taken.

The buyer has been contacted in case it was delivered and the delivery scan not updated, as sometimes occurs with CPC. Hopefully, this is all.

What scenario is this message usually used to denote?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don’t know but did you check on the CP website as well as eBay?  Sometimes the message is a bit clearer if you look directly on CP’s website.  
in sutuations like that, I usually assume that it was delivered without a scan until I hear otherwise.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Checking the CPC website is something occasionally neglected... thanks for the reminder. This can be especially helpful with International packages. After checking: the CPC website has the same message and timeline.

Unless the buyer contacts us saying the package hasn't showed up, or inquires in regards to a delay, we typically leave it be as well. Chances are the delay is a hold for pick-up then lack of a delivery scan as occasionally occurs.

The current environment has encouraged us to follow through, or at least be more aware of the process, especially when there is a difference from par. Our inquiry is based more on clarity than worry; either way the concern remains.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply