Can't create shipping policy????

I'm trying to create a new shipping policy and it says.

"You can't get started with business policies right now.

We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you."

How do I create a new shipping policy?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You do NOT need a shipping policy.

Simply enter the shipping information in each listing as you have been doing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay tells you what it is. Basically, ship within one day. I have no idea what else you need to say? Anything else is just words that no-one reads and is not enforceable anyway.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can't create anything under business policies unless you are opted in and it sounds as if you can't opt in. But if it keeps asking you for a policy rather than letting you just fill in a shipping amount, try opting out by doing the following. It doesn't really make sense to opt out if you are not opted in but it's the only suggestion that I have. 🙂

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

You can currently opt out of business policies by clicking the opt out link in the upper right corner of the Manage your business policies page in My eBay > Account > Manage your business polices. If you opt out, the payment, shipping, and return details in your current and scheduled listings aren't affected.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
eBay tells you what it is. Basically, ship within one day. I have no idea what else you need to say? Anything else is just words that no-one reads and is not enforceable anyway.

The shipping policy that the OP is referring to is part of the business policies program. They aren't referring to making up their own terms of use.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply