Can't preview listing anymore ? "See full item description" Problem

Hi!

I'm trying to preview one of my listing to see how it will look. 

But each time I click on preview 

the "See full item description" button appear. 

even if I click on it nothing happen. 

I know ebay has updated this because of the HTTP(S) Security Update. 

But I don't use anything in my listing. Just words... 

and still i can't preview it. 

I tried with chrome and firefox and same problem. 

What can i do to make sure my listing will not have the "See full item description" button ? 

and that people will be able to see the listing right away? 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't preview listing anymore ? "See full item description" Problem

@dreammotionwrote:

Just for an update, 

I called ebay about the preview problem. 

I listed the item with no problem. 

with No "See full item description" button on the listing. 

So my solution is to use ebay.com as a preview listing. 

then copy paste the listing on Ebay.ca to officially list the item. 

until ebay.ca resolve the problem. 

Just use schedule feature in listing to schedule the listing 2 weeks into the future. Use this old trick to hold listings while you work on them. Then view the scheduled listing to see how it really looks on eBay. You can even test out your shipping options by changing the country. A scheduled listing is as live a listing as you can get without being active. If any issues, then edit the scheduled listing. When satisfied, edit the listing and change to Start Immediately to remove the scheduling.

If you are non-store, then you can use the schedule feature for free so choose an appropriate start time and let schedule work for you.

If you are a store, then there is a 10 cent charge IF the scheduler starts the listing at the designated time. If you edit the listing (individually or bulk edit) and change the scheduled time to Start Immediately, then there is no schedule fee charged.

I (and some other sellers) used this schedule trick for years to hold listings to test them and to hold until I wanted to start them. This was the way to do drafts before drafts were available on eBay. But much better than drafts unless you let them start by forgetting about them. To hold a scheduled listing indefinitely keep revising the schedule time to start up to three weeks later.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The preview doesn't always show exactly what the actual listing will look like although I've always seen it show the description area correctly.  I don't use the quick listing tool so I don't know if it has the same tools as the advanced listing form but if you use the latter, on the top right of the description area click on mobile friendly checker. That will also give you a link to check for active content so you can see it that is the problem.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay is probably in the process of updating that feature, perhaps try again later. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I tried with advanced listing

I wrote only one thing in the description : test

and I still can't see the description.
I only see : See full item description button

It's very annoying,
how do i know if my listing will always have that "See full item description" button

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Desktop , laptop, or phone?

I think  a phone will always have the button, but the others should be fine.

I'm willing to be corrected.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I just tried on ebay.COM instead of ebay.CA
and everything is fine.

It really is a ebay.ca glitch
Do you guys have that problem too?
is it just me?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Just for an update, 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dreammotionwrote:

Just for an update, 

Just use schedule feature in listing to schedule the listing 2 weeks into the future. Use this old trick to hold listings while you work on them. Then view the scheduled listing to see how it really looks on eBay. You can even test out your shipping options by changing the country. A scheduled listing is as live a listing as you can get without being active. If any issues, then edit the scheduled listing. When satisfied, edit the listing and change to Start Immediately to remove the scheduling.

If you are non-store, then you can use the schedule feature for free so choose an appropriate start time and let schedule work for you.

If you are a store, then there is a 10 cent charge IF the scheduler starts the listing at the designated time. If you edit the listing (individually or bulk edit) and change the scheduled time to Start Immediately, then there is no schedule fee charged.

I (and some other sellers) used this schedule trick for years to hold listings to test them and to hold until I wanted to start them. This was the way to do drafts before drafts were available on eBay. But much better than drafts unless you let them start by forgetting about them. To hold a scheduled listing indefinitely keep revising the schedule time to start up to three weeks later.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

That is actully brilliant!
I will try that 🙂

Thank you!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply