Can't sign in to my other accounts

I just came back from vacation and I can't sign in to my other accounts.  Shows me boats or buses and then says that's not a match.  Tried it several times. 

opps.jpg

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

This issue has been dogging me for about a week or so too.  Curiously, my login Captcha has also been requesting "boats" or "buses" exclusively - never any other random image choices.  The only way I can ever seem to get past those selections to the actual Password field is to close that tab, and open ebay again in a fresh tab.

FTR, my browser is Edge with up to date security, and I never use Facebook, Google, or Apple logins for anything business related like this. 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I tried typing in my info, use an incognito window like always, still can't sign in.  Never had this problem before.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Seems to be confined to the *.ca login. After a half dozen or so failed attempts this evening, I just opened *.com in a new tab and logged in without incident (or Captcha screens, surprisingly).  

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I tried on .com and yes it worked.  However, I opened up the account to list in Canadian $ so when I went to edit a current listing it did the same thing when I tried to sign in.  

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I merely used the *.com login to break the login loop I seemed to be stuck in on *.ca.

Once successfully logged into *.com, I then opened a new tab and tried opening *.ca again. With my *.com login still active, *.ca skipped the Captcha entirely as it had on *.com and took me straight to the password screen. Once successfully logged into *.ca, I simply logged out of *.com and closed that no longer needed tab.

Maybe I just got a bit lucky there with my timing, but it *seemed* that while I was logged into *.com, a fresh login to *.ca was also possible without getting stuck in Captcha purgatory.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I tried what you said and it didn't work for me, soon as I tried .ca I got the boats again.  This is very frustrating.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Yep. This morning It did that for me too. But only for a couple attempts. After a few minutes of doing nothing at all, I tried again and my login by-passed the Captcha, going straight to the password screen.  Admittedly hit or miss, but eventually it did work on *.ca.

The larger question now is, "How are Buyers dealing with this?" 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I haven't had a problem lately but a few days ago I couldn't log in on Microsoft Edge but I could log in on Firefox.   Quite a few people were having problems logging in that day.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

FWIW......

I never close my browsers

I never close my eBay tabs in those browsers

I never dump my cookies

I don't use a VPN

I only restart my computer when forced by Windows Update

I only shut down my computer if I am going to be away for 2 weeks or more (or rare power failure)

I almost never encounter these sign in issues, the only time I get the Captcha  screens is when I come home from a long away time. I understand the pain it causes as I'm usually logging in via 2 browsers and multiple eBay sites so I need to repeat the annoyance many multiple times.

If you primarily use two user id's I recommend two browsers, drastically reduces the number of sign-ins you need to do, especially switching from one id to another.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Tried logging on from a different browser, same thing.  The bloody boats again. Not a match.  I might have to call ebay on Monday. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Cleared my cookies and history and then couldn't sign into my main account on .ca, had to go through facebook to log on to my main account.  What is happening, a buyer would give up.  This is ridiculous.  

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Tried logging on from a different browser, same thing.  The bloody boats again. Not a match.  I might have to call ebay on Monday. 

Of course, if you open a new browser especially if you don't normally use it for eBay it isn't going to have any cookies set.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

Of course, if you open a new browser especially if you don't normally use it for eBay it isn't going to have any cookies set.

Discussion on the topic from tech board dot com.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-ca-needs-captcha-to-sign-in-but-says-...

Hopefully an actual solution is on the way quick!!

-Lotz

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Lotz, Thanks for sharing that.  Maybe it should be brought up for the Wed morning chat, if they still have that.  tyler@ebay  can you help with this. 

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

Even my crude workarounds weren't very successful this morning. Despite a concurrent login on *.com, it took me about dozen tries before I was successfully able to log into *.ca. 

Does anyone know the open ticket number for this? 

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I spent an hour chatting with ebay, they were no help.  Can I get a few of you to log out and then sign in again.  I want to ensure this is not just my issue.   I was only able to log into this account as it is connect with my facebook page, otherwise I wouldn't have access.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Lotz, Thanks for sharing that.  Maybe it should be brought up for the Wed morning chat, if they still have that.  tyler@ebay  can you help with this. 

Tyler has left the building. Gone on a new adventure. See what happens when you go on holidays for a bit and what you miss?  New contact is jasmen@ebay 

-Lotz

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I spent an hour chatting with ebay, they were no help.  Can I get a few of you to log out and then sign in again.  I want to ensure this is not just my issue.   I was only able to log into this account as it is connect with my facebook page, otherwise I wouldn't have access.

I just signed out of three different accounts and then signed back in to three accounts....NO issues whatsoever.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for doing that.  I am trying to figure out why it is only for .ca and the same on both browsers.  It worked fine before my vacation and when I came back on Thursday it wouldn't let me log in.  Right now the only reason I am logged into this .ca account is I am connected from facebook.   

I am at a loss of what to do next.  

Message 20 of 28
latest reply