Canada Post Changes

When did Canada Post go to this bigger label format and start including the postage price for Expedited Parcel?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Canada Post Changes

@rosscd57 wrote:
When did Canada Post go to this bigger label format and start including the postage price for Expedited Parcel?

Are you buying via PayPal or directly from Canada Post?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

The label change occurred on the Canada Post shipping purchased through PayPal.  This seemed to occur after several hours of seeing "blank" labels when attempting to purchase and print labels a couple of weeks ago (somewhere between May 6 and 8).  PayPal was accepting the money for the labels but not providing a label.  When it was fixed this new larger label was introduced which also shows the shipping fee which is strange.  Another difference is if you use Small Packet or Light Packet shipping which looked identical prior to the label change now has a barcode for Small Packet and nothing for Light Packet.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

Can you adjust your Print command to print at 75% or 90%of the default size?

About the not printing, I've never been able to print a PP label directly.And that going back more than a decade.

Instead I use the Reprint Label link in the boilerplate paragraph, on the left in blue, pretty easy to see.

It might work for you too.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

Interesting - I actually liked not having the cost of the label printed on the label. It stopped a people from grumbling about a couple of bucks. And of course the overage or underpayment could go one way of the other. I wonder - does it makes a difference where you apply to print your lable. I go into PayPal and print the label. Do you get the same result if you begain from eBay to print the label. In other words do you get the old label without the cost showing - anyone know?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

I doubt that it would make a difference as in the end the label is done through PayPal.  It is different in the U.S.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

I very recently printed an Expedited USA label through PayPal and was annoyed to see the postage displayed on the label. This never happened before. Does anyone know if this is permanent and if there is a workaround?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

bri-x
Community Member

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

@midcentureager wrote:

I very recently printed an Expedited USA label through PayPal and was annoyed to see the postage displayed on the label. This never happened before. Does anyone know if this is permanent and if there is a workaround?

No workaround.  As far as.i know it's been like that for quite a while.  Some here have said that the postage cost showing is required on international mail.  I thought though that eBay USPS international labels could be printed without the price showing bit I'm not positive about that.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@midcentureager wrote:

No workaround.  As far as.i know it's been like that for quite a while.  Some here have said that the postage cost showing is required on international mail.  I thought though that eBay USPS international labels could be printed without the price showing bit I'm not positive about that.

eBay Labels show postage according to the help files on eBay.com. Look here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-services.html

Look at First Class Mail International for example. Same for other international shipping options.

Note: The cost of postage will appear on all international shipping labels.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

@midcentureager wrote:

I've only noticed it since the last label layout changes that were rolled out by Canada Post earlier this year.

Stealth seemed to go away for PayPal, but remains a selectable option via the Canada Post website. At least it does for Small Packet USA and International Small Packet -- which is why I sometimes will go via Canada Post rather than PayPal to print a Small Packet label (price is the same either way).

Haven't used Canada Post yet for Expedited to outside Canada with the new layout. so no idea if stealth applies or not (CP Expedited stealth does work for inside Canada). In any case, I will stick with a PayPal Expedited discount rather than pay more to show less.

-..-

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Canada Post Changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use PayPal Shipping and the shipping costs don't show for me.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply