Canada Post Fuel Surcharges have changed

The Canada Post  fuel surcharge for Domestic, Canada Expedited parcel has changed dramatically.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=fuel_surcharges_on_m&cattype=kb&cat=sending...

Domestic Expedited was defined as non-express until April 2, 2017 with a fuel surcharge of 5 %.

Then things changed on April 3, 2017.

Domestic Expedited  is now included with Domestic express  with a fuel surcharge of 7.5 %.

This puts the surcharge at 50 % higher for domestic  Expedited.... That is an extra 25 cents per $10.00  for Domestic  Expedited.... and for all non-express Domestic Canada Post options

--------------------------------

Canada Post Expedited US is currently at 6 % for a fuel surcharge.... an increase from 5 %   which was the percentage up to April 2, 2017

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just another increase in fees when fuel has not increased in price according to the price of oil. They never do reduce them even after the price of oil dropped by half, same as gasoline.

Just one more gouge.

Between Ebay increases, Paypal increases and postage constantly increasing, getting tougher and tougher to make ecommerce in Canada profitable for smaller cheaper items.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm so glad I use discount priced mint postage stamps. (*cough cough*)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Self stamping has its pluses and minuses at the moment.

I've already had 1.5% too much postage on 3 US packages because I keep forgetting the US expedited/tracked rate is only 6%. So my note for the rates now has extra notes hopefully helping me to remember there's multiple rates now!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Just another increase in fees when fuel has not increased in price according to the price of oil. They never do reduce them even after the price of oil dropped by half, same as gasoline.

Per the article: the Canada Post fuel fee is adjusted based on the average cost of diesel (except for Priority where it is adjusted based on the price of jet fuel).

Changes caused by the new fee structure:

Domestic Express ... 7.5% was 10% (down 2.5%)
Domestic Non-Express ... 7.5% was 5% (up 2.5%)
U.S. and International Express ... 8% was 10% (down 2%)
U.S. and International Non-Express ... 6% was 5% (up 1%)
Priority Worldwide ... 5% (no change)

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply