Canada Post Issues - July 13th - Printing Shipping Label

dho10
Community Member

Wondering if anyone else came across this issue today (Jul 13, 2021)? Some reason it won't let me generate the shipping label for a sale today. It said make sure parcel size is within limits and check addresses are correct. Never came across this before.

dho10_0-1626229308496.png

Thanks kindly in advance of your replies.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Canada Post Issues - July 13th - Printing Shipping Label

cxgirl
Community Member

yup, I got the same message. On mine, my address is only showing my town and postal code, no name or street address. I phoned Ebay, after 25 minutes of trying different things, they said they would pass the information on to the tech dept to let them know there is a problem.  Told me I would have to go to the post office and mail there. When I asked about the shipping discount and that I won't get it at the post office, the lady said to phone after mailing, let them know the difference and Ebay would refund the difference. Guess I'll have to wait until after I do that (tomorrow) and see if they will follow through.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@dho10 wrote:

Wondering if anyone else came across this issue today (Jul 13, 2021)? Some reason it won't let me generate the shipping label for a sale today. It said make sure parcel size is within limits and check addresses are correct. Never came across this before.

dho10_0-1626229308496.png

Thanks kindly in advance of your replies.

tyler@ebay 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I need to print a label today so wondering is this error happening before or after you pay for the label?

Thanks

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

cxgirl
Community Member

I just tried again this morning, still unable to print label, off I go to the post office.

Peterkat2020, before you purchase. When you click the 'purchse button',  the message comes up and you are unable to purchase or print the label

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

- General reply -

This is something we're working with Canada Post to get resolved, thanks for your patience while we wait for their fix!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - I'm being told this has been resolved and you should be able to print Canada Post labels without issue once again. 

If you're still running into issues printing CPC labels please tag me and let me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Hi @tylerl, having this issue right now re: "Sorry, we were not able to generate the label. Please make sure the parcel size is within allowed limits, and both addresses are correct." I've checked address and package info over and over, can't seem to see what's wrong. Could you advise next steps? Thanks!

kryzalid604_0-1652940913636.png

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Tyler's no longer with eBay, the new folks for us are velvet@ebay and jasmen@ebay 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Try taking the decimal point out of your weight.  It should read 470 not 0.47. 

Decimal points are only required on the Canada Post Snap Ship and there it would be .470

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

If they change it to 470 then they would also need to change it to grams.  Currently it is set to kg so .47 is correct but it wouldn't hurt to try it in grams instead.     

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

thanks everyone for the replies, ended up chatting with eBay support, the source of this issue is another one of those eBay system updates that messed up this function... eBay rep said it 'should' be back up within 24 hours, again no gurantees. The rep recommended the option to send it via Canada Post directly, but cannot confirm eBay will refund the difference with the shipping discount, unlike the post from july 14 2021. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@kryzalid604 wrote:

thanks everyone for the replies, ended up chatting with eBay support, the source of this issue is another one of those eBay system updates that messed up this function... eBay rep said it 'should' be back up within 24 hours, again no gurantees. The rep recommended the option to send it via Canada Post directly, but cannot confirm eBay will refund the difference with the shipping discount, unlike the post from july 14 2021. 

Apologies for the delay @kryzalid604. Are you able to purchase shipping labels again or are you still experiencing issues? 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

anhquy
Community Member

hi velvet@ebay 

im getting the issue today.

the address and name for both sender and receiver are correct.

please let me know if you can help,

thanks,

Quy

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Velvet left the building ages ago, as did this thread?!

Why do you not start a new thread instead of posting to a ZOMBIE thread

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

I don't know if you'll see this, but I believe the solution to the problem is to edit the address and change the country from Puerto Rico to United States.  If the country is set to "Puerto Rico" then it's not going to give you a rate for the service "Small Packet USA". Country needs to be United States with the State set to Puerto Rico.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

I don't know if you'll see this, but I believe the solution to the problem is to edit the address and change the country from Puerto Rico to United States.  If the country is set to "Puerto Rico" then it's not going to give you a rate for the service "Small Packet USA". Country needs to be United States with the State set to Puerto Rico.

@anhquy 

@dinomitesales 

Appears with the tool OP is using to create postage that field is not editable. I've suggested using CP snapship. Had that issue in the past using Shippo and was able to correct. Unsure how much editing can be done using eBay labels. Unfortunately several of the postage tools do not understand that some foreign postal services require address in different formats.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I an encountering that error now. Any resolution?

dimanniworld_0-1689018423546.png

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@dimanniworld wrote:

I an encountering that error now. Any resolution?

dimanniworld_0-1689018423546.png

@dimanniworld 

Have you tried increasing the first measurement to 14 cm even if the box is actually smaller? That can cause the error message you are seeing.

-Lotz

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021

The problem with zombie threads is that advice may be obsolete or not actually related.

Have you tried the work arounds in posts #16 and #17?

Message 20 of 22
latest reply