Canada Post November 5: one free Tracked Packet

On Tuesday November 5 you have your choice of one free Tracked Packet USA or Tracked Packet International. Tracked Packet is available for 32 countries.

Weight limit of 2kg.  $100 insurance included.

Minimum size is 14 cm x 9 cm x 0.1 cm

Maximum size is 60cm in length or 90cm combined (L+W+H)

Must use the Canada Post website (can not use Shippo or PayPal)

Must have a credit card even though the payment value is zero.

Available on Tuesday November 5 (Eastern time zone for midnight cut off time)

Note: just one free shipment outside Canada (not one of each).

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday.page

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/international/compare/tracked-packet-internationa...?

-..-

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

The gal at the CP counter told me about this one! I hope the timing works out for me!!!
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

What is the code to use for this offer?

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@triber wrote:

What is the code to use for this offer?

The code will appear on the Canada Post website Monday night -- but I predict NOV5 or something similar.

-..-

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, I couldn't find it on the CP website, I know with the oct. ones they were quite a bit in advanced. I will check on Monday.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Sorry if this is a stupid question, so I can just login or make a new Canada Post account for the free Tracked Packet International? I have a book that has an offer but I had declined it because international shipping is expensive. If I can ship it for free using Tracked Packet, then I can actually accept the offer and not lose money...
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
... so I can just login or make a new Canada Post account for the free Tracked Packet International?

If you already have a Solutions for Small Business membership (formerly Venture One) you just sign in on the Canada Post website and then use SnapShip to buy the label (credit card required).

I'd suggest signing in today if you don't do that very often, just to make sure there are no problems in advance of Tuesday -- especially since Canada Post is resetting passwords on a lot of the older accounts.

-..-

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

For some bizarre reason, I can never login to my SSfB account. During the Oct promo I made a new account and only to use the free Tuesday shipping once (not eBay related, bought a couple pair of shoes online for the very first time and it was a bad idea, shoes don't fit, had to return but thankfully free shipping Tuesdays saved me shipping). I guess I'll be making a new account today lol

As for the free label, do you think I can make a label on Tuesday but not use it until later?
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
As for the free label, do you think I can make a label on Tuesday but not use it until later?

Most Canada Post labels do not expire until used.  But, you will need to print or save the label (PDF file for later printing) as it's only available on the Canada Post website for a short while.

-..-

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Just another curious wisdom question: so I offered $10 off to a UK buyer because of this promo (he messaged me a few times asking for a discount but because I already listed that book at cost so I couldn't lower my price until now). Just wondering if the tracked packet label would have the shopping cost on it, because I don't want my buyer to end up paying more important charge since originally I was gonna use small packet to ship.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@zee-chan 

The shipping label only shows the shipping cost if you include the left hand portion of the printed page. I always cut that off to remove headaches down the road if a buyer were to question it. On a promoted shipment it would show 0 cost as long as long as there were no added services or it was under the promotion weight limit.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
 Just wondering if the tracked packet label would have the shopping cost on it, because I don't want my buyer to end up paying more import charge ...

My last tracked packet label through SnapShip does not show a postage cost on the label. Even if it did display, the price would be zero for a free tracked packet.

Shippo leaves the postage cost blank.

PayPal however, puts the undiscounted postage rate on their packet labels.

-..-

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Great! Thanks guys. I'm just looking at my post and... Lol autocorrect. I was posting in a hurry because I was at work so didn't double check... Good that you guys still guessed what I meant lollll
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Tuesday promo code is NOV5

Tracked Packet to USA and 31 other countries.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/international/compare/tracked-packet-internationa...?

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Doesn't work for me... I reached the checkout page and I can't see anywhere to input the promo code. I'm not entering my credit card number until I see somewhere to enter the promo code and I'm not paying $55 to ship a $30 book =(

This is the warning I got:

You have attempted to access Snap Ship for Solutions for Small Business members only. You have been re-directed to the Ship Online tool for consumers. For shipping with Snap Ship, please sign in with a business profile.

Not sure what I need to do to switch to business profile?? I made this same new account back in October and was able to print an xpresspost label for domestic shipment. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Nevermind, I got it sorted out now. I got my accounts mixed up. Paid $0 for my UK label grin

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Mine worked fine BUT.......

I entered $100 value for the shipment, but because I had 3 items in the shipment, it's now valued at $300!!!! Grossly overvalued!

I can't fix this now - it's DONE.

I doubt I can scratch it out and put another amount. That would delay it at customs.

Do I just leave it???
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
I entered $100 value for the shipment, but because I had 3 items in the shipment, it's now valued at $300!!!! Grossly overvalued! I can't fix this now - it's DONE.
I doubt I can scratch it out and put another amount. That would delay it at customs.
Do I just leave it???

I would correct the value on the label and include the ebay invoice for the purchase in a plastic pouch on the package for customs to look at. Or perhaps a correction note for customs that it is 3 items worth $100 not 3 at $100 each.

Otherwise the buyer could be very unhappy with VAT owing.

-..-

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Should I maybe fill out another customs form at the counter?

I suspect crossing it out and filling in a different amount could delay it at customs, no?
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Hello @teenytrinkets ,

An FYI for one and all. I normally create my shipments in Shippo printing out the shipping label, customs label and packing slip. When I went to use Snapship this morning wasn't given the option to print out a customs form. In speaking to Canadapost just now they explained that it is all build into the label and isn't really required. You can use the tool at Canadapost for creating the customs form if you prefer and either print it from home or from the code(from phone) provided when you arrive at your drop off.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/cdc?execution=e1s3

-Lotz

Message 20 of 24
latest reply