Canada Post SCAM

Hello everyone.

This month I lost $ 1000 because of Canada Post.

Case # 1

Postal Clerk didn't put Receiver adress correct ( missing ste # , postal code )

Item returned after 24 days broken & damaged contents.

With paid Insurance on $ 500 , CP told me: 

Canada Post is not liable for damage to contents that are fragile or perishable. Fragile items include, but are not limited to: ceramic, glass, porcelain, mirrors, crystal, pottery and china. 

Our investigation concluded your item falls within one of the above categories. However, in this instance you will receive a refund for the postage paid.

PLEASE NOTE: Additional shipping fees incurred including signature, oversize handling, Proof of Age, Proof of Identity, additional liability coverage, COD and pick-up services are not refundable. Taxes on postage are not refundable for commercial accounts and Solutions for Small Business customers.

The contents are made of Fabric, not peroshable OR Fragile.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Canada Post SCAM

If you are selling on eBay, why not purchase your Canada Post labels through eBay?>>>eBay Labels have discounts available to any seller with a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business card (costs nothing to secure a SfSB card).

Canada Post insurance = " liability coverage against loss, damage or COD service failure"

I have been using Canada Post for decades  and rarely encounter any issues...could probably count on one hand that number for using Canada Post for over 60 years...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

Keep on them, they've tried this with me before, last time took 3 re-reviews before they did me a favour and paid me for it....keep on them reiterate what it was that was damaged (ie not fragile) and escalate if you are able.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

I want to , my the problem is printer .

I use EPSON ET-2850 printer .

Each time I print labels it  jems paper .Then I have to go to PO to ship .

I need to buy new printer ,  people buying on Amazon just for labels.

Thank you very much for for your time , it helps.

Happy Holidays!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

CP  made decision sending , $ 100 check  .

I'm really disappointed that  CP tell me ,  me as a Customer who paid CP for their Service  " Go to find  owner of business  who rent space to CP , and tell him " Your workers cause damage , pay for it " ! 

That's just HORRIBLE .

CP went lowest as possible.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

Printers are not expensive these days so may be well worth the investment and subsequent satisfaction gained from printing own labels and avoiding further conflict with Postal outlet employees who are generally only as competent as their training(some are really, really good at their job with good working knowledge, others not so much.

Happy holidays and all the best for 2024!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

Was the packaging damaged?

If it was usually Canada Post puts a damaged notice on the package, often enclosing the whole in a plastic bag.

But if only the contents were damaged, that is usually attributed to poor packaging.

Given that most of the handling will be by machinery, we are advised to package as if our shipment will drop two feet from one conveyor belt to the next and then have a 50lb parcel drop on top of it.

What was damaged and how?

USPS TERMINALUSPS TERMINAL

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

Yes ,the package was opened , contents are removed from original boxes & wrapping .

The box was smashed on top , with human fingerprints all over. No plastic bag , no notice about damage.

Last time damaged item return to me was delivered to mail box . Inside box were 2  yellow cards   with  hand drawn smiley face on it. Also not in bag , neither notice .

CP  said that they  think Items are fragile and max. cover for damage is $ 100 accept OR leave .

This is how it works with CP nowday .

Thank you

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

For Item value they send me to Post Office Owner and make complain about workers ???

Sounds as if you sent your parcels from a Postal Outlet and not from a Post Office.

Postal Outlets,  the ones inthe back of the drug store, are not staffed by Canada Post. While the clerks are trained, they are not CPO employees and are not trained in the same way.

You had two shipments going to different addresses.

The outlet clerk printed the same label twice, and neither they NOR YOU noticed.

The buyer who received both parcels .... well that's a good question.

• Have you contacted the Buyer?
  • Did they refuse to return the unexpected shipment?
  • Did you send them a Return Shipping Label?
  • Was the RSL addressed to you (safe but slow) or to the actual buyer of that item?

Yes this was the clerk's fault. But you have to take some responsibility for not checking that the label was duplicated.

The (erroneous) label you paid for was delivered to the address on the label?

Canada Post did the job you paid them to do, because you didn't check the label.

No you shouldn't have to, but it's worth double checking anything that will cost you money, time, and anguish to correct.

I suspect the postage refund was a courtesy gesture, since Canada Post did nothing wrong.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

I just noticed you sell dolls, a notoriously high fraud category.

Contact the buyer who received both anyway and explain politely what happened.

Ask that they use the enclosed shipping label to return the unordered doll.

If the buyer is in the USA you can buy USPS labels on Shippo.com through eBay.

You will need a Solutions for Small Business Label and the weight and dimensions  of the returned parcel . I would suggest using USPS First Class International Parcel which is the lowest priced tracked service.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

And contact the buyer who didn't get their doll and also explain what happened and what you are doing to correct it.

Make part of that explanation an offer to refund in full. This buyer is the innocent party here and not part of the drama.

Explain but don't blame.

You want to look friendly and professional.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

You sell dolls?

I agree that they are fragile.

Third party insurance is a bit of a fraud. You have to read to know what you are getting for your money. And with postal insurance usually that is only your payment back, not your loss.

There are two ways to go with insurance in my opinion.

We used Hugh Wood International to insure our stock against  fire, water damage, shoptheft, and losses in shipping or while travelling or at shows.

HWI specializes in collectibles and understands both dealers and collectors.

However, they only do annual contracts and are most suitable for full time dealers (or collectors with high value collections).

You may already carry business insurance. Ask your broker if you are covered in this case.

The other is Cookie Jar Insurance, which is just putting some small part of the customer's payment aside, in a virtual Cookie Jar, to cover occasional losses, whether those losses are real or scams or the seller's error or even just buyer remorse.

Some busy sellers report that CJI becomes a profit centre. They "collect" more in "premiums" and samve enough by not paying out third party premiums to be ahead on a year to year basis.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

Yes, I sell Dolls.

I never experience broken Doll for 20 years .

The Items are clothing from Dolls , and not Fragile .

The box was opened on the way back and damaged .It's not first time that this happened.

I don't relay on CP Insurance . High Valuable Items I send  with different Company .

The damages happens  all the time, workers work hard ..... I understand situation .

But CP  Company behave  , I don't have any respect for it anymore.

Thank you  for your time.

Happy Holidays!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

I did contact Buyer m didn't get response yet. I'm very frustrated to each time I went to PO to tell workers what to do.They make sallary and this is they work.Thank you for explanation.So I have to go to Owner and present what his workers did and ask for damage.There is memeber on mine other topic who advise me to buy shipping labels on ebay .I think it will be better for me to do it to avoid all this mess .Thank you
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post SCAM

You can also try the Canada Post Ombudsman - link below.   That gives you a shot, and even if you don't get anything else, the case will flow through the system and the folks who made the call will have to put time and energy into explaining the decision.   

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ombudsman/

Message 14 of 14
latest reply