Canada Post shipping question

I have not sold anything in a year or more. I decided to try selling again some items I have. Just listed 10 items a couple of days ago. Sold one.

I went to Canada Post site and logged in with my old CP account. I want to send Expedited Parcel within BC. Used Find-a-Rate for my package which is just a bubble envelope 27x24x1 cm 0.1 kg. Shows me a rate for Regular Parcel $15+.

When I last sold and used CP site there was a link to click on to get Expedited Parcel rate and 5% discount for having a Small Business discount.

No link. How to show lower rate?

I will be using discount postage stamps on the envelope.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

At Canada Post you may have to click a button to see the Expedited rates with your 5% discount applied.

I don't use the service but my understanding is that the rates via eBay and the Small Business rates at Canada Post are the same.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

At Canada Post you may have to click a button to see the Expedited rates with your 5% discount applied.

I don't use the service but my understanding is that the rates via eBay and the Small Business rates at Canada Post are the same.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As you know, I'm a stamps on the box kinda guy too.

If you want the raw tables, here is the link with the business prices:

You want the 2nd from top left corner business prices

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/default-e.asp

(note the new rates will come in on Monday for parcels etc)

You need this one to put in your postal code to get the translation table for you:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/FSA_RateCodeLookup-e.asp

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I tried to find the discount link by logging into my account and not. Never showed!

Now I tried again logged in and no discount link. Logged out and the link was there!

LOL. No idea what happened. I wonder if it will show again.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

if you go to Canada Post Snap Ship and log in that will give the process for shipments...

You can input all the info and follow all the way thru until payment info to find out the total price including any discounts...this gives your CP discount and would be same as that done thru PayPal using your Canada Post account.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/find-rates-ship/snap-ship.page

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

As mentioned in my original post, I had my first sale in a year. I also received an offer on another item with a note on the offer to text them. I did and the reply was from a scammer to send them $500 and they would give me $50 for my trouble. Lol.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply