Canada post delays or just lost packages ?

I am in GTA and purchase quite a bit online I would say average 30 items a month mostly through Canada post parcel usually with signature 70% I would say have signature . I have never had a problem in the past like this other then when the strike was going on .. 

2 Parcels out of the last 30 I purchased scan has not been updated in over 7 days . 1st parcels last scan was processed in Mississauga(1) the other one is out for delivery(2) . The other 28/30 have arrived despite being sent a day or two ago ... I have never had this problem before in the years of getting parcels through CP 0 have been lost and 99 % arrive in 1 - 2 days after being scanned in well not anymore I guess . I opened up 2 tickets for these packages as 1 was suppose to arrive 8 days ago(2) ; the other one 4 days ago(1) .. Both have signature so i'm not to worried about getting compensation just curious if anyone else has had problems recently on seller side of buyers complaining about tracked packages .

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Canada post delays or just lost packages ?

@weareelectricians 

Are you using the eBay or the Canadapost website for tracking details? I have noticed discrepancies(different scan histories/out for delivery missing, etc) between the 2 sites for several months. For International tracked services I even check the local website before relying on eBay's tracking for accuracy. As for signatures, the only time I am required to sign is when I actually have to go into a postal depot to pick up.(Expedited). Most items if they fit in my community mailbox that's what any scans will note. I've even had 1 Xpresspost package show up in my community mailbox which "should" automatically require a signature.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Correction: Signature is only included with Priority services. Xpresspost, Expedited and Regular Package service available for an additional fee.
https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpscanada-e.asp#1464739
Section: 7

-Lotz
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@weareelectricians wrote:

.......................  just curious if anyone else has had problems recently on seller side of buyers complaining about tracked packages .

Yes.  I've had several problems recently after years of no issues. 

Probably just a coincidence but what you described is exactly the type of thing I'm experiencing as well.

Dealing with these issues really eats away at one's time.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have already this year in 2.5 months lost more packages than the entire 2018 year.

Almost half of these have been to regular customers who've successfully received items before and afterward.....
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Yes I only use Canada post website like I said I'm not new to receiving packages 🙂 Both packages are not scanned as delivered just in transit still.

@sylviebee & @ricarmic 

Thanks for feedback yes it is very frustrating the first time I asked the seller to open a case this time I opened one to speak to CP agent and try to deal with it myself maybe they will ask the CP account holder to get involved though idk : / .

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is actually the same for me. So far in 2019 I have had more packages lost then in all of 2018. Even my parcel packages are rarely on time now. It got to the point where I even removed most of my lettermail listings and am working on getting everything through DYK ePacket.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

The worst part at least in my case, is the TIME it takes to work through the process with the buyers, the communication, the refunds, the paperwork afterward..... ARRGGHHH.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

My ongoing concern is either packages disappearing from front doorsteps or miss-sorts. Not everyone always uses their front door on a regular basis now there is no actual home delivery. And does anyone really know if Incorrect address ever gets added to an incorrectly delivered package? I get mail on a regular basis for correct street # but incorrect prefix (Close vs Circle).

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
The worst part at least in my case, is the TIME it takes to work through the process with the buyers, the communication, the refunds, the paperwork afterward..... ARRGGHHH.

Totally agree with that.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

There was reports of a lot of packages just plain missing after the strike....mail in general too. Canada post will tweak systems every now and then , not always for the better. But your right in most cases a pretty secure safe and fast way to send anything. Dont pay for expedited ...it will save maybe a day and cost 10x as much. 🙂

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Are you confusing Expedited and ExpressPost?

Expedited and Regular parcel (domestically) are pretty much the same price- especially when we get our Small Business Solutions discount.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Hmm-  that one is good for comparing prices if you are using Flat Rate Shipping but this one is a little better for SBS rates

https://sso.epost.ca/sso/lfe/ui/login?templateId=cpcapps&manifestId=cpgSecurity&sourceUrl=https%3A//...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply