Canadian Bank Account in US Dollars

tomc
Community Member

I have a US dollar account at a Canadian bank. If I use this as my ebay.com account will it be accepted? Also, will I save on ebay currency conversion fees?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Canadian Bank Account in US Dollars

If it is a US$ chequing account it should work.   It has to be at a Canadian based branch. It can't be an account that is opened through a Canadian bank but which is actually based with their US partner bank.  RBC has accounts like that and they apparently don't work with Managed Payments.

If you do go that route, you still have to sign up for MP on .ca, NOT on .com.   On .ca you will be given the option to choose $C or $US payouts.   If you are listing on .com and choose US$ payouts so that the money can be deposited into your Canadian $US bank account, you won't be charged conversion fees when your payout is deposited. 

Note that you can only choose 1 payout currency and it can't be changed as long as you use the same ebay ID.

4accounts that

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Canadian Bank Account in US Dollars

AND if you are not yet in Managed Payments, but have been registered on dotCOM, switch your account BEFORE you  do anything about MP.

Apparently, if you try to open an MP account, but are not a US resident although youhave a dotCOM account, it will be impossible, and you will have to abandon the dotCOM account with all its feedback and, more importantly, any dotCOM listings, to open a brand new dotCA account with MP.

And there is no easy way to shift listings from a dotCOM account to a new dotCA account.

So are you registered in Canada or the USA?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply