Clarification on item not received claims

Just want to confirm my part in this. 

Buyer opened an INR claim yesterday which gave me until the 16th to resolve. Tracking updated today to show item is in his city and will be delivered tomorrow. Do I need to do anything further once it's delivered to close the case or will it automatically update/close when delivered? Or does the buyer have to close it?

Just trying to avoid a defect on my account because obviously I'm not going to refund if it gets delivered in the 'window' I have after they opened the case.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The good news is that you have tracking. 

The buyer is the one that has to close it "by hand" it isn't automatic.

Update the case with the tracking number ASAP. This puts the "action" within the case back on the buyer. I suggest putting in the updates as it makes progress each day, use the "message" function in the case, each time that returns the action to the buyer if they happen to respond within the case.

If it arrives the buyer wouldn't ask eBay to step in. I am not 100% sure if the bots would automagically close against you if the action is on the buyers side on the 16th, I suspect not, but someone else may know for sure.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The buyer can close it (some do) or it will go away on it's own given enough time. If tracking shows delivered tomorrow wait for a few hours and check to make sure eBay is also showing delivery (there is often a delay) once it does then you are good to ignore or once you see "out for delivery" you could contact the buyer, let them know the delivery will happen shortly and ask them to close the claim after it arrives.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply