Confusing Paypal message...

New message from paypal:

"Reversals - Please be aware that the payment may still be reversed (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have sent the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's Seller Protection and following the trading guidelines on our Security pages can help protect you from things like chargebacks.
Refund information - Please accept or refuse this payment. If you accept this payment now and need to refund it later, the 'Issue a refund' link will available on the transaction details page for 180 days after the payment was originally sent."

"Please accept or refuse this payment"  is confusing to me. I see no link to do either. If I do nothing are the funds still there? I can't really tell because I don't know what my balance was before the transaction.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

go to your paypal account, and see if there is a payment pending. if there isn't it sounds like a phishing email.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I agree, I wouldn't click on any links in am email form paypal.

Go to your account balance, one of the summaries allows you to see a running total with balances along the side. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Just as MJW says the golden rule is:

Never click on links/attachments* in emails, no matter how good they look.

You can always verify whatever it is the email is supposedly telling you is wrong by signing into your PAYPAL, Bank, Credit card, eBay etc account directly. 

If it is that important, it will be visible/identified to you when you actually log into your account.

There are a lot of good phishing emails out there these days. 

My email address has been around for a long time so I am forever getting them....some are really good/realistic looking!

(*Note that for every attachment I get in emails, no matter how trusted the source and expected the attachment, if I need to open it, I still always save the attachments and scan them with my virus/malware scanner before I open it, I never open them from the email directly)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I got it on 2 payments. It was not in an email. it was there when I opened the transaction on the Paypal page. Both messages vanished once I marked the items shipped on eBay. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hmm that's interesting....yet another oddity......
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Can you do a screenshot if you see it again?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It was many years ago that I had a buyer in Australia.

I had made a refund through Paypal.

and .....They chose to reject the refund.  They never explained why this was done...  and I could do nothing...

Nothing else happened ... no communication.....with respect to this transaction...

They could have received what they bought.... perhaps.

Sometimes  things do happen in an unexpected and unusual manner. on Paypal........

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Mine are gone since marked shipped. Both were to the UK to the same customer on separate payments. Should I get one again I'll do a screen shot.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply