Top Rated Seller Requirements Change coming still a bit confused

izzame
Community Member

"Starting Aug 01, 2017, we're changing the way we track performance in the Global region. Transactions in the US, UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland will no longer count toward your performance. Your seller level will reflect this change beginning Sep 20, 2017."

Does this mean if 90% of my total sales are from any one, or combination of all above countries, I lose?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

More likely it means that eBay is not worried if you do not track packages going to those First World countries since they are very low fraud destinations.

Which makes us better off. Although if we are TRS on eBayCanada, tracking is much less important than for US sellers.

USPS offers very cheap domestic tracking and eBay is more demanding of those sellers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@izzame wrote:

"Starting Aug 01, 2017, we're changing the way we track performance in the Global region. Transactions in the US, UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland will no longer count toward your performance. Your seller level will reflect this change beginning Sep 20, 2017."

It means "Global" will exclude those areas and the overlapping of sales for TRS evaluation will stop.

You will have completely separate ratings for:

* Global (includes Canada)

* USA

* UK and Ireland

* Germany, Austria, and Switzerland

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Got a message from ebay today about possibly losing my TRS status in the USA and having a "Grace" period until September.  Anyone else get a message like this?  The changes to the TRS status that ebay is making are confusing.  How can sellers maintain TRS status? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Got a message from ebay today about possibly losing my TRS status in the USA and having a "Grace" period until September.  Anyone else get a message like this?  The changes to the TRS status that ebay is making are confusing.  ...

The changes are to how Global TRS is determined.  It does not change the USA TRS requirements.

Check your Seller Dashboard to see what your USA TSR stats are.

I got one of those warning messages a few months ago -- which was interesting since I have never had USA TRS to start with.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply