Consequence when a seller cancel a buyer buy/winning bid on request?

So I had a buyer ask me to cancel for no good reason.

I did cancel his bought and didn't fill a non paying complaint which would result in a strike at his request.

1-) Is there then still a consequence for the buyer since I didn't fill the non paying complaint?

2-) Is there a consequence for me, fee or whatever? I hope not since it is clearly not my fault.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@martinbedard2099 wrote:

I did cancel his bought and didn't fill a non paying complaint which would result in a strike at his request.

1-) Is there then still a consequence for the buyer since I didn't fill the non paying complaint?

2-) Is there a consequence for me, fee or whatever? I hope not since it is clearly not my fault.

1- No consequence whatsoever to the buyer.

2- No if you chose "At buyer's request" as the reason for cancelling, you will get your FVF back and no defect. However, if the buyer already paid, you would be out of the PayPal fees. But it is not the case here as I understand it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@martinbedard2099 wrote:

1- No consequence whatsoever to the buyer.

2- No if you chose "At buyer's request" as the reason for cancelling, you will get your FVF back and no defect. However, if the buyer already paid, you would be out of the PayPal fees. But it is not the case here as I understand it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There are no consequences to buyer or seller if you cancel at buyer’s request.

You can’t open an unpaid item case once you’ve cancelled their order.

As annoying as it is when buyers want to cancel, at least you can relist the item right away.

Right now I’m in the middle of a situation where the buyer hasn’t paid for almost 4 days and isn’t responding to my messages. I’ll open the case today, but I would much rather he had just asked me to cancel.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply