Defect and affect on sales.

I have noticed that any time I get a defect for not being able to find an item I sold, and have to refund the buyer, my sales stop for a while.  It doesn't happen too often but I have had 3 in the past year and it is really noticeable that sales stop.   I'm just wondering if anyone else have noticed.

Has anyone noticed any change when you get a defect? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I get mega-defects from time to time (usually for an INR claim while I'm away and offline), I've never noticed any effect outside of the usual ups and downs.

For the most part, for a quick "how am I doing" check I just look at the 90 days number in the Seller Hub. If I'm close or over my goal that's as far as I go, if it's way below it's usually for an obvious reason (shut down for 2 - 3 weeks).

January has "felt" somewhat quiet but I know the actual total is going to be quite good. Looking at the 7 day figure is more often than not underwhelming so I try not to look at it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I was surprised to notice that I have had a couple of Defects removed in the past year.
Suprised because I didn't know I had received any, nor that they had been removed.  Still don't know what they were for.

If these are meant to be a learning experience, it would make sense to tell the defective sellers how she messed up.

Defects are supposed to lead to higher fees (or loss of discounts), restrictions on the number and value of listings, and if things are really bad, closed accounts.

No mention of reduced visibility in Search which would be more likely to cause the dropoff you have observed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I personally think it is just a coincidence..

Message 4 of 4
latest reply