Did anyone else get this email stating they will not relist unless you offer 30 days returns?

I just got this email see below, did anyone else get it?

not supported.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Did anyone else get this email stating they will not relist unless you offer 30 days returns?

I didn't because I have offered 30 day returns for many years (and free 30 day returns for 6 years).

Your 930 listings probably have 14 day returns which as of June 1st are only allowed in a few categories.

eBay is giving you some time to change them but eventually (that's the warning) they will no longer renew.

This was all in the Spring Seller Update and repeated in the Summer Seller Update.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thanks, I edited them all to read 30 days on .com.  I guess I also have to do that on .ca?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Return fields have changed so you just have map your listings to whatever you would like them to be. You don't have to offer 30 day returns, 14 days is just no longer a valid value, restocking fees are gone, etc. Can make quick work of it through the bulk editor. Personally I'm waiting until the 365 day option gets added.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I heard they changed their mind on that plan. Now it will only be required on days ending in Y!!

-CM

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Thanks, I edited them all to read 30 days on .com.  I guess I also have to do that on .ca?

If you have listing directly on .ca they they also need to be changed. Return policies on .com and .ca are the same.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2018-summer/simplified-returns.html#streamli...

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

30 day returns? Are you kidding me? Regardless of the drop in sales, I have changed all my US listings to returns not accepted, I am so done with Ebay trying to help retain buyers while screwing sellers with the outdated feedback system that hold sellers hostage to feedback and fee's on postage charges. Try selling on the worlds largest social media sites instead, 95% of my last years sales were there with ZERO fee's, and no feedback extortion. If I ever want to buy cheap made in China junk, I will definitely use Ebay!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

For most of the past 12 years I have maintained the "No Returns" policy and to date I can still count on one hand the number of requests for a return. Works for me. However, I refuse to jump through eBay hoops since dwindling sales over the past 2 years caused the loss of my Power Seller status...there is little left to eBay that could bring back the enthusiasm I once had for this venue.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I got it for 4 of my items. I just deleted the return option, because I can't afford 30 days. That is way too long.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I got it for 35 items & against my better judgement I changed them to 30. But was totally confused when I was relisting some items this afternoon it still gave the 14 day option? So don't know if I will get another letter or not. 

Not sure 30 days is the way to go anyway as it looks like I lose my top rated seller status regardless unless I offer free shipping on returns or perhaps I misunderstood this.  Definitely can't afford to do that especially now that we have lost our discounts on postage too. Getting more difficult all the time!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Wonder if there was  a way to track number of transactions a "Buyer" has proceeded with asking for a return for their purchases. If this information was more visible maybe there would be less need for a mandatory return policy. Just spit-balling here!!!

-CM

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I changed from 14-30 day returns a couple of years ago.  I rarely got returns with the 14 day policy and that hasn’t changed.

There are certain categories such as collectibles that will still allow 14 day returns so you shouldn’t have to change those listings.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

It's a total joke.  Ebay holding sellers hostage yet again by forcing the 30 day refund option "or else lose your seller discount" etc.  The claim is that this is in line with the retail industry which is a completely false statement.  They are enforcing this on all media items; electronics etc.  First of all, 90% of my inventory is "pre-owned" and no retail store would simply allow the return of pre-owned goods.  This would be up the individual retailer.  Secondly, media items are not returnable in ANY store new or used unless they are defective.  A buyer could easily purchase a CD, book etc., download the tracks or read the book and then return it if they have 30 days to do so.  Pretty good deal for the buyer.

Leave this joke of a "one size fits all" return policy with the big box retailers who sell new items on the site. 

It's just another reason to contemplate leaving eBay completely like so many sellers before. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@mindbender3 wrote:

... Ebay holding sellers hostage yet again by forcing the 30 day refund option "or else lose your seller discount" etc.  The claim is that this is in line with the retail industry which is a completely false statement.  ...

The "retail industry" eBay looks at is called amazon -- which has returns of 30-90 days allowed depending on time of year.  New or used does not matter to them.

Canadians do not lose their 10% FVF discount if returns are not allowed (all they need to be be is Top Rated for the discount, not Top Rated Plus).  But search results may be downgraded.

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/top-rated.html

-..-

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

No Returns Accepted .....  is an option...

No Returns... does not mean ... No Refunds

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@mindbender3

As mentioned by another poster, Canadians do not lose the trs discount if they do not offer returns.  

Message 16 of 16
latest reply