Did eBay just get rid of the Anchor Store customer service line?

Hey guys!

I was paying for an Anchor store mostly not to have to deal with eBay's normal seller support.

I called this morning and there was a message saying we now had to request a call directly from eBay's website and it's the normal seller support unfortunately...

Is the Anchor store seller support gone?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

For the love of god I hope there's something that can be done...

I just spent 1 hours talking to 5 different agents and NONE of them understood what my problem was and kept repeating not related solutions.

Please tell me there's a way to contact the Anchor Store seller support line.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

This is exactly why I also retained anchor store status.

I've called a number of times but not in the last week.

This is most terrible news if the phone support is gone.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

This is exactly why I also retained anchor store status.

I've called a number of times but not in the last week.

This is most terrible news if the phone support is gone.

The help pages reference the dedicated help but the FAQ does not seem to address it as an option. the current link still includes the Fee Illustrator that hasn't been active in several years. Also still mentions monthly invoices which are no longer available.

FAQs | Seller Centre (ebay.ca)

-Lotz

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

IMO, it will kill "the store" on ebay if there isn't dedicated support.

I had thought about a store when my listings started creeping up over the standard free 200 listings, but since the 10,000 free monthly listing started, I see ZERO benefit of a store.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Just spent 1 more hour on the phone with them and it's like a comedy but it makes me wanna cry.

I've called many times for this issue and it use to take like 2 minutes to resolve.

2 hours, 8 agents later and I still haven't been able to have anyone understand my problem.

This is the end for me if it stays like this. No way eBay is worth that much troubles. I will focus on my other platforms.

I have no idea how sellers without an Anchor store can deal with this.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I just called to see how far I could get...

The first time just after the lady talked about it might be listened to it hung up on me.

The 2nd time it was waiting for me to tell it what was wrong.

I'm hopefull at this point it is just a daily glitch, fingers crossed. (I've got one item I can't mark as shipped today so it seems there's more than one glitch today!!)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This is so weird... I just called once more to try my luck and I finally get an agent!! 🙂

Hopefully you're right and it was some kind of a bug.

But it's bizarre that they had that recorded message all set-up however... :S

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yayyy that is great news!!!

PS as  a note, at one time in my past life, I was accountable for a service desk, the automagic procss put up a voice message when the primary call taking service went offline or overflowed. That was 20 years ago now, so I'm sure things are even more automated now, however your experience seems to not be the case....

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Of course I haven’t heard the message in question, but I’m guessing it was to the effect that the Anchor Store help system was temporarily down, or at least that was the intention of the message badly communicated.

For what it’s worth, the eBay help systems available through Facebook and Twitter are apparently served by well-trained staffers and are reported to be excellent sources for help.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I'm medium old, and I find the text based service so cumbersome, especially since often one has to reiterate the problem many times over (I cheat I usually write it up in advance and then paste it in again each time I get transferred to a new "person", that saves a lot of time).

Having said this I haven't used the ebay Facebook/twitter support so perhaps it is a lot better.

At any rate, I'm going to stick with the real person on the phone for as long as I can..... 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I'm medium old, and I find the text based service so cumbersome, especially since often one has to reiterate the problem many times over (I cheat I usually write it up in advance and then paste it in again each time I get transferred to a new "person", that saves a lot of time).

Having said this I haven't used the ebay Facebook/twitter support so perhaps it is a lot better.

At any rate, I'm going to stick with the real person on the phone for as long as I can..... 

The one advantage of the chat option is a log of the call after the fact. There are definitely the risks of having to repeat yourself multiple times and then wait while they "review". With phone as of late you can get a case number if you ask but zero guarntee you will get a call back to your issue when thay are unable to fix or that anything will be investigated. Worse comes to worse always ask for a case number and then unfortunately follow up yourself. 

The available hours for eBay CS are getting shorter and shorter. As reported on dot com often options will be missing at strange times of the day. I've seen this too many times.

There needs to be a go to place for what are known technical issues and their actual status. The eBay Status pages are apparently only window dressing and are almost never updated.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 12
latest reply