Did you get eBay email/message: "YOURNAME, stay up-to-date on our member-to-member contact policy"

I got it both ways today, the eBay message came before the email message. (put the bulk of the text at the bottom)

It looks to me like it is a generic message about stuff that is happening, however it is coincidentally a day after I sent messages to 2 past buyers regarding future "special only for you" ebay lots I'm compiling for them.

My store is closed right now as I'm on 2 weeks "holidays" and I'm wondering if the bots don't like emails being sent out when the store is closed, or if it is simply coincidental that I got the contact policy message at about the same time.

I make it a point in any of these emails regarding specially constructed lots to specifically say that I will be creating a special only for them ebay lot and of course no contact information is being shared anyway.

Anyway interested to know if it is a coincidence or not..... if it is not, they need to do a very much better job of advising that a message was a conflict.....

====================================================

Learn about eBay's policy for contacting buyers

Understand our member-to-member contact policy to ensure your messages are delivered to buyers.

See the policy

We’re continually working to keep eBay a safe and inclusive marketplace, and to provide resources for you to communicate and build trust with your buyers.

As part of these efforts, we’re expanding the tools and features you have available to reach buyers and drive repeat purchases, and we’re increasing enforcement of our member-to-member contact policy.  

When you contact buyers, we encourage you to check that your messages comply with our policy. Messages and emails won’t be delivered if they contain any of the following: 

Content identified as spam (for example, unsolicited marketing emails)

Offers to buy and sell outside of eBay

Attachments containing harmful software

To give you more ways to engage with buyers and drive traffic to your listings, we’re expanding the suite of promotional tools you have access to. We recently announced a new tool to create shareable coupon codes, and are working to bring you more new tools and features over the coming months. 

You also never have to worry about sending messages like payment confirmations, shipping notifications, or reminders for feedback and reviews—eBay takes care of those messages, so you can focus on selling.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay,
Your eBay Team

Seller Center

The eBay Community

Learn more to protect yourself from spoof (fake) e-mails.

eBay Inc. sent this e-mail to you at because your Notification Preferences indicate that you want to receive seller e-mail promotions.

If you do not wish to receive further communications like this, please to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can change your Notification Preferences in My eBay by . Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your request.

Visit our Privacy Notice and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. 2­14­5 Ha­mil­ton Av­enue, S­an Jose, C­A 95­12­5.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you get eBay email/message: "YOURNAME, stay up-to-date on our member-to-member contact policy"

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @ricarmic - I got this message on my .com account too, and in looking into it there was a planned 'reminder' email that was sent out in batches over the last week. I think your 'just for you' upcoming offers are safe. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Nope, did not receive that one today. I doubt it's arrival was coincidence, my guess is the message(s) you sent were interpreted as violating their (eBay) spam policy. In the past I've been the recipient of similar emails soon after sending what I thought were innocent messages.

How about those new marketing coupons, have they arrived on .com yet? Maybe one of those might alert your buyers, I don't know how they work or if they're even available to use.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I didn't get that message either but the promotional tools they mentioned are on .com so you likely got it because you're registered there.

If it was supposed to be a comment on your recent messages I doubt that they would mention that you could unsubscribe to messages like that.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @ricarmic - I got this message on my .com account too, and in looking into it there was a planned 'reminder' email that was sent out in batches over the last week. I think your 'just for you' upcoming offers are safe. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay THX so much for the investigation, the coincidence was uncanny!

Subsequently I've discovered one of them got the message because I also provided some selling style advice (they are buying and reselling) and I see they are trying the advice so I know they got that message.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi @pjcdn2005 ! Good observation, I noticed that too, but I've seen stranger things in the past!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi @kawartha-ephemera regarding the marketing coupons, nope haven't tried them yet. Probably won't, at least not in the near future, I don't favour sales etc, other aspects have been working good for me so far. Of course if sales start to slide, then I start experimenting again and might try stuff like that.....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply