Did you notice how international shipping costs gone up?

I used to ship to Europe at no charge, included the shipping in my selling price. Last year shipping to Europe was same cost as shipping to US. Both was less than shipping within Canada for me.

Now cost from Canada to Europe has gone up crazy. I used to ship 8 kg large box for about 30 CAD. Now same shipping costs 112 CAD. APC Logistics cost increased almost 400%. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Where are you?

There are businesses (chitchat and Stallion are the two most mentioned approvingly here) that will ship for you  at better rates than going to the shipper directly.

I'm a little surprised that you think it cost the same to ship to Europe as to the USA last year, because I don't think that has ever been true in my 20+ years with eBay.  Perhaps with heavy parcels, but most of mine are under 500 grams and few over a kilo.

Certainly I have never shipped overseas as Free Shipping, while that is the norm for shipping to the USA for all of my accounts.

But.

Free Shipping just means that the seller has included the cost of shipping in the price of the item.

Which is cheaper:  a $50 item with $10 shipping or a $60 item with Free Shipping?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@itolduandso wrote:

I used to ship 8 kg large box for about 30 CAD. 

How and what supplier did you use? Pretty sure I have never seen that kind of price with Canada Post within the past decade. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Stallion shipping via NL Post and APC with tracking was the same cost to Europe as shippiong Stallion to US for packages under 4 lbs. Okay, maybe +5 dollars or more for packages between 1-2 kg. I still have the rates - you can check the picture. Those rates today jumped between 30% - 400%.  I had no issues shipping free as my margins allow me to ship still making money. With free shipping I get about 20% sales from Europe-west. Europe-East increase is worse. (I don't ship to Russia and didn't do that for last 3 years after bad experiences with buyers there).

All in CAD. WIth tracking. But no returns. So my risk.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Stallion.  

For the rates under 1 lbs I use PirateShip.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply