Disgusted in ebays claims of none receipt

It has been brought to my attention lately that Ebay has been allowing buyers to claim non-receipt and a refund for a items that have been purchased less that 2 weeks prior. In these times of COVID the Post Office is not even guarateeing delivery times even if you pay for Expedited  and Tracked shiping. I find it astonishing and nieve that Ebay would accommodate the buyers to start a case. Even Amazon has not shown this ill support of its sellers.

Extremely disappointed in Ebay - once again.

g1v2d3

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Disgusted in ebays claims of none receipt

marnotom!
Community Member
Are you sure that these claims aren’t being made through PayPal, which has no waiting period before a buyer can file a non-delivery case?
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Disgusted in ebays claims of none receipt

A buyer cannot open an eBay Dispute until the last day of the estimated date for delivery. Then she has 30 days to open an Item Not Received (INR)  dispute.

If she is opening Paypal disputes, you have to promptly give the tracking number, and it doesn't hurt to give the shipping date and service used as well.

Are you responding with the tracking number.?
That is your defence.

I understand there is an appeal when a refund has been made.  But the refund comes first.

And drop the No Returns policy.

You are allowed to have one, but it is one of the reasons customers open INR and NAD disputes, figuring that the seller is not going to cooperate if there is a real problem.

You can have a No Returns policy, but you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply