Do you block a buyer claiming INR?

I ship lettermail and had my first INR claim recently

Scam or not, who knows. Though i did not received my item back for undeliverable adress or whatever

Just wonder your thoughts on this cause i know some sellers says to just instantly block after refund. But don't we should give the benefit of doubts? How you deal with it do you instantly block buyers claiming INR or you let them free to buy again? Or going case by case?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Do you block a buyer claiming INR?

I block anyone who in my opinion attempts a scam, regardless of the case outcome.  I don't have a lot of people on my blocked list.  The one thing most have in common, especially now on managed payments are the buyer and reciever being different people.  One thing you can check is the phone number of the buyer and reciever, if it's a high value item I do a little research into both numbers.  If I see something I deem suspicious I cancel the transaction.  I also make note of the different numbers and or names on my eBay invoices for future reference.

As someone already mentioned, if a buyer contacts me directly before opening a case.  I will resolve the matter for them.  This was the way eBay used to be, it clearly stated a buyer is to first try to resolve the matter with the seller.  If unresolved, open a case.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

The one thing most have in common, especially now on managed payments are the buyer and reciever being different people.

DH uses my Paypal account for buying on eBay. As a result a seller would see different names- even after 50 years we still have different names.

The phone number is now required? That would be useful, but I don't see it on every payment.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

There's an option somewhere, require phone number

I've won a few cases over the years because a buyer had put in fake phone number

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I always blocked INR buyer's claim especially if you have a return address on your package. Also, on a same note, if your item are open for "Best offer" before accepting any offer..please check the feedbacks, of that potential buyer, LEFT for others not RECEIVED. The "Left for others" feedback is the best indicator of a "no good" buyer. Block those "no good" buyer as well.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply