Blocked Buyers List since MP

Every year I go into my Blocked Bidders List and remove any @deleted accounts, those are/were members that you would have blocked and have since asked eBay to delete their account so their ID is replaced by a ________@deleted. usually, I will remove one or two a year from my list, I did it this past May just before the MP deadlines arrived.

But, in the last few months, a have deleted at least 7-8 and my blocked list is small.

I guess MP really is cleaning out the "accounts"...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have noticed a number of these, I sell a lot of stuff over the year and although my loss rate is still generally less than 1/2 of 1%, that still means I lose about 10 to 15 a year.

As I mentioned in a separate thread, with rare exceptions my INR buyers are blocked, meaning about monthly I'm adding a new name to the blocked bidder list.

Oftentimes when I try to add a new blocked bidder, the "bots" give me an error message saying I've got invalid blocked bidder ids that were not added. These are the "deleted" accounts, so they are naturally cleaned up if one adds new names to the list on a relatively regular basis....the new buyers I want to block are still added as they should be.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I was hopeful that Managed Payments would help with the hijacking of abandoned accounts.  Perhaps my wishes are coming true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.-- Jayne Cobb

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'll have to check mine. I haven't looked for a while. Thanks for pointing it out!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It is also possible in my case since most of my blocked bidders are a result of INRs that they're getting non-registered because I wasn't the only person they INR'd. As you'll recall from another thread I've caused at least one to become non-registered because my reporting the buyer was the one that pushed them over the edge "bots wise"!!! (as a side note, generally I do not report the INR buyers I block unless something exceptional causes me to, I simply block them and make the assumption it was lost in the mailstream to prevent recurrence).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I just checked my list and I had 6 deleted ones, so I deleted!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I had 4 I removed! Nice to clean up before a new year!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

although MP may have some affect, I think it's just a matter of sellers/buyers moving on...they come, they go and the reasons are varied..

I have seen these "deleted" blocked names on my Blocked list for a few yrs now and really have not noticed any increase throughout 2021

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Same here. I haven't noticed any increase in the past  year.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply