Do you ever check out the address of your buyer?

If my buyer is relatively new, less than 5 feedback. I always google the address and more than a few times I have caught errors, like an apt missing, zip or postal code is incorrect, wrong address etc.  Normally it is a normal house but this time, WOW.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Realtor?😀

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Human curiosity being what it is, maybe the better question is Who has not?? 😋    

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I verify too when it's a newer profil just to be sure there is no mistakes in the address, my funniest moment was to find out a pawn shop bought my item

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My favourite lookup started with  Not Received dispute.

The address was in Amsterdam, on a canal, next door to a coffee shop, in a pedestrians and bikes only neighbourhood.
The actual address seemed to be just a door, a bright yellow door-- perhaps a hall leading to a second floor flat ? It was so cute I actually Google-toured the neighbourhood.

I mentioned the location to the complaining customer, just because it was so sweet , and she dropped the case.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

About the only time I can remember doing it was to see if they're using a forwarding company, so normally I'm just seeing warehouse type buildings.

A couple times I have because I've felt the street number was missing and they've been cool.

Actually whilst typing this,  realized I looked some up in Hong Kong and Dubai I believe for the address completion. They were cool, like @femmefan1946 I took a tour around the neighbourhood too.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You'd never get that much house in my neighbourhood for that low a price.

Average house prices here are around $1.2 million for a 3-bed bungalow on a 30x120 lot.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yes...when I got a new buyer trying to defraud me via an INAD claim, and realized it was a different name but identical address to someone who tried to initiate an INR claim a couple months prior. The first claim was decided in my favor since I verified tracking of delivery, the second time ebay initially rules in the buyer's favor but then reversed it when I found they  were selling the same item describing it as perfectly good condition, under the account name of the first claimed attempt, and hadn't even thought to remove the unique identifying decals on it that made it obvious it was my item. Once ebay customer service was made aware of that, they reversed that case in my favor also.

When I looked up the physical address the packaged had gone to, it came back as a motel in southern california,. So either the fraudster lived long term in that unit... or they watching and waiting for mail deliveries and then going and stealing the parcels.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Nice cottage. Looks like Spring in Georgia or maybe South Carolina?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have, but I would never post a picture of it on the site I sell on...

...critical thinking, much!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply