Do you leave feedback for cancelled sales?

I have recently had buyers purchasing an paying for an item, and then cancelling almost immediatly, I can only assume that when they see the  delivery times, they decide that is too long.

The problem is the request for feedback is there for about 3 months, so should I leave positive feedback or just ignore it?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On sellers hub I look at the 'shipped and awaiting feedback' section which doesn't show cancelled transactions. I hadn't noticed that it tells me to leave feedback in other areas and even if I did, I wouldn't  leave it for a cancelled transaction.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

@triber wrote:

I have recently had buyers purchasing an paying for an item, and then cancelling almost immediatly

I can only assume that when they see the  delivery times, they decide that is too long.

should I leave positive feedback or just ignore it?

I don't relate to your reasoning for positive feedback.

Given that's your only option, I'd move on.

Your assumption about delivery times is as you said,  just an assumption.

You're making more of this than necessary... Move on.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Someone can correct me but my understanding is they have a 24 hour window where a customer can cancel an order .

Bottom line, if they cancel an order, don't leave any feedback be it positive, neutral or negative.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

On sellers hub I look at the 'shipped and awaiting feedback' section which doesn't show cancelled transactions. I hadn't noticed that it tells me to leave feedback in other areas and even if I did, I wouldn't  leave it for a cancelled transaction.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"I can only assume that when they see the  delivery times, they decide that is too long."

This isn't why they are cancelling right away.  As soon as they finish paying, ebay shows them your competitor's items that are cheaper.  They then send you a cancellation so they can buy from your competitor.

Do not accept the cancellation.  Ship the item as usual.  Their only recourse would be to return the item after they receive it.  The majority of people won't return it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There is no "24 hour window" where they can cancel an order.  I know sellers that reject cancellation requests the buyer sent 1 minute after paying.

re. feedback:  A seller can only leave positive feedback.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply