Does "Third-party app access" - view work for you?

For several  days now all I get when I click view is "We ran into a problem please try again",  (tried from .COM and .CA) am interested to know if it is specific to me or is a bug for all.

(PS this is under account settings "Sign in and Security")

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

In FireFox

recped_0-1637454318506.png

In Chrome I can get in without the error, different user id, didn't bother to go through a bunch of log out / log in stuff!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hmm thats funny, I'm in Chrome and it's not working for me!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm not able to access that area either using the Edge mobile browser. On first read I didn't notice your direction to look under Signin and Security so I looked where I thought I would find that info ... Selling Preferences. I encountered one of those blue banners announcing a change of location from there to Signin and Security ... back and forth we go to nowhere!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Hi Tyler, looks like here's one that needs a ticket opened.....

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I get the same message as you do.  I had tried it a couple of months ago and couldn't get in then either.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @ricarmic - it looks like we have an open ticket with the tech team and they're working to resolve it currently.

I've added everyone here who's said they're impacted (it's one of those rare tickets where I can just give usernames and nothing else!), which will hopefully give them more examples to help them sort it out quickly. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Today for the first time in (about?) a week I did NOT get the Third-Party access thingy.

FWIW, I have NOT been getting it at all when using the US boards although it seems that most US users are still (as of yesterday) getting it.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

One other thing that is REALLY TRULY annoying is the "go to last read post" function. Another side effect of the Korus issues that is as bad or wrose than the other issues especially on very active thread where you have to scroll back and try to figure out how many actual new post there are since your last visit.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Agreed @recped - I was initially under the impression that it was related to one of the customizations that had been removed in January, but this has been a recent thing cropping up across all community instances as of late. 

We have a ticket open with Khoros to review and see what's going on. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's a simple one and not one of those "We need more examples" situations!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply